Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was the Ali-Foreman fight stopped?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was the Ali-Foreman fight stopped?

He was up at the count of 8 and not staggering around,so why was it waved off?

The ref reached 10. Foreman was waiting and looking at his corner and they were up to 8.

He didn't have anything left anyway. Ali was going to stop him regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      The ref reached 10. Foreman was waiting and looking at his corner and they were up to 8.

He didn't have anything left anyway. Ali was going to stop him regardless.
      He was on his feet at 8...im not complaining just wondering why he instantly waved it off

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        He was on his feet at 8...im not complaining just wondering why he instantly waved it off
        Now that I'm paying attention, I see that you are right.

Eh, just a slightly dodgy stoppage I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          Now that I'm paying attention, I see that you are right.

Eh, just a slightly dodgy stoppage I guess.
          was just watching the fight and just really noticed it thats all..but hey George didnt complain

Comment

Maybe Foreman said something to the ref? He walked directly to his corner after getting up. Its obvious he was done, nothing wrong with the stoppage.

Comment

Gota admit that was some shady looking ****

Comment

You know I never really noticed that. George looked okay when he got up, but only he knows how hurt he may have been and maybe the ref saw something in his eyes that let him know he was done. Surprising though because it came at the end of the round.

Comment

He just lays there until the count of 7 or so, like he didn't want to get up.

Comment

The fight wasn't stopped at 8, it was stopped at 10. You hear the announcer counting, he says 7 then he misses a second in between because he began shouting, he then finished where he left off by saying 8.

However, the referee is clearly still counting. What you hear is not what the refere is doing.

REF vs WuH(what u hear)
                    Ref .6.....7....8.....9......waves off
                    wuh 6.....7....Foreman gets up to a knee! 8.....It's over!

If you watch the clock on the bottom right, you'll notice a second and a half clearly goes by while he is talking, and then you hear 8. The count is wrong, the referee had already gotten to 10. It was just the announcer failing to count properly.

Comment

Working...
                    X