No announcement yet.

I just dont get how MMA is exciting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dough401 View Post
    I will say tho I'd be willing to say you pick any one you want at any weight class in Boxing and put him in a fight with a MMA guy in the same weight class MMA guys wins IN A FIGHT everytime or 90% gotta give them some credit
    I would agree with that.

However throw any MMA guy in any weight class and put him in the boxing ring and he doesn't just lose 90% of the time, but 100% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
      I would agree with that.

However throw any MMA guy in any weight class and put him in the boxing ring and he doesn't just lose 90% of the time, but 100% of the time.
      Absolutely but just like everything else in the world you have to evolve right? How many fight stand there and point fight each other like most Boxing matches. Dont't get me wrong I love Boxing grew up on it but its limited this is just the next point in evolution thats all gives you so much more and brings so many different people together good stuff

Comment

So you don't understand how two people fighting is exciting? Okay.

Comment

i don't like women with big asses.

Comment

Originally posted by dough401 View Post
            Absolutely but just like everything else in the world you have to evolve right? How many fight stand there and point fight each other like most Boxing matches. Dont't get me wrong I love Boxing grew up on it but its limited this is just the next point in evolution thats all gives you so much more and brings so many different people together good stuff
            Limitied in what sense? Boxing is a Sport. I watch is as a sport and love it as a sport. I dont give two ****s about MMA as a sport or as anything. Evolution or what, a lot of people agree with me. At the end of the day it's about entertainment, and boxing is more aesthetically pleasing to watch.

Comment

Just got back from eating out. Caught the last two rds on stream. Yawn.

Comment

I got a pretty simple idea, see if you can follow along.

If you don't like it. Don't watch it.

Problem solved!!

Comment

I personally prefer the arts to be separate. As I've stated before, with all the arts mixed, it just looks messy. Like a street fight. The creators of these arts are probably rolling in their graves to see it mixed like that.

Just because it's good food separate, doesn't mean it's even better when mixed together. If you asked the casual fan, what arts did he use to win the fight? "All I know is the punch landed and he fell and his arm got stretched"

I don't mind looking at it every now and than but it just doesn't look right. And for the submissions to end the fight? How can some people be happy about a stretch of a leg or arm and he's taping. In person that shyt hurts and looks it. But on TV? If that's how the main event ended and I payed $45 to see an arm bar tap out that with a tiny bit of pressure he taps then I'd be a little disappointed.

Comment

And I do like Jones. And I used to watch UFC every time Brock fought, so I don't shut MMA out. Those fighters are extremely skilled and worked their azz off to get to that point. It's the politics a lot of times the "sloppy" fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
                      I personally prefer the arts to be separate. As I've stated before, with all the arts mixed, it just looks messy. Like a street fight. The creators of these arts are probably rolling in their graves to see it mixed like that.

Just because it's good food separate, doesn't mean it's even better when mixed together. If you asked the casual fan, what arts did he use to win the fight? "All I know is the punch landed and he fell and his arm got stretched"

I don't mind looking at it every now and than but it just doesn't look right. And for the submissions to end the fight? How can some people be happy about a stretch of a leg or arm and he's taping. In person that shyt hurts and looks it. But on TV? If that's how the main event ended and I payed $45 to see an arm bar tap out that with a tiny bit of pressure he taps then I'd be a little disappointed.
                      UFC was actually started by the Gracie's as a style vs style tournament to prove that Gracie Jiu Jitsu was the best Martial Art in the world, but people started adding GJJ or BJJ to their martial arts and modern MMA was born...

Comment

Working...
                      X