No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Bernard Hopkins Makes History Once Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Bernard Hopkins Makes History Once Again

Before a crowd of over 12,000 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, 48-year-old Bernard Hopkins (53-6-2, 32 KOs) broke his own record as the oldest man to win a major world championship, when he secured a twelve round unanimous decision over previously unbeeated Tavoris Cloud (24-1, 19 KOs) to capture the IBF light heavyweight crown. The scores were 116-112, 117-111 and 116-112.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Congratulations Bernard!!!

Comment

True inspiration! B-Hop is one of the greats.

Comment

After watching the last chad dawson fight, I thought that Bernard may have finally looked his age. I was wrong! I think he may have really been injured for that fight because Bernard looked better physically and mentally for this one. I never go against Bernard Hopkins when picking a winner, and I'm happy I didn't do it this time. He's a true Legend. Congrats to the champ!

Comment

Congrats to B-Hop for making history once again. To bad B*Hop and Ward don't wanna fight each other that would be a good fight

Comment

Legendary....
            All Time Great.....

Comment

Originally posted by Thickback View Post
              Legendary....
              All Time Great.....
              Yes Sir. One of the very best of his generation, or any generation for that matter.

Comment

Hopkins is the definition of an old school, throwback fighter.

Comment

hopkins is ancient but great.

and cloud is not good. i was at least hoping that cloud could turn into an agressor and an action fighter. he really doesn't take the risks necessary for that, though. he's got the temperament of a boxer, even though his talent and skills are suited for being a pressure fighter. he's too patient. i can't see the kid amounting to anything.

don king is likely to bow out of boxing soon. arum, too. both guys are in their damn 80's.

Comment

Hopkins is a legend.

Comment

Working...
                    X