Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You where Demarco and Broner weighed in over the limit...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id take the double pay check and still whoop his ass.

Comment

I would probably want the money not to mention the bump in pay he would get, because DeMarco if the fight goes through or not still has expenses of running a camp. It sucks but this is why guys almost never tell a guy to get bent over that even if it is egregious. Plus it gives a built in excuse if the fight goes awry, and people will be real sympathetic thus making the road to another shot a bit less difficult.

Then there is always the chance of victory~

Comment

take double the purse, but he was 139 7 days out, hes making the weight

Comment

The promoters should have a replacement opponent on deck ready to step in for Broner if he doesn't make weight.

I don't think this is the case but it's not unheard of, for promoters to do this..

Comment

So are we sure that this kid will miss 135?

Comment

Originally posted by oscar_angels091 View Post
              take double the purse, but he was 139 7 days out, hes making the weight
              Agreed. I am sure that everyone involved with his career got on him about missing weight in his last fight. Would be very surprised if he didnt make 135.

Comment

Someone reported a weigh in at 139lbs so he's easily at 135 by Sat! If he's slightly over and can't sweatbox a pound or two off I take the extra money and fight on. If theres 2 pounds difference it means NOTHING other than $$$$$$$$$'s Ring the Bell!! Ray

Comment

The reality is he'd have about as much choice as Marquez had when Floyd didn't bother making weight. In theory he could say no, but HBO and everyone else with a stake in the fight would lean on him to go through with it, and refusing to fight might be worse for his career than the loss he might take. It's lousy but there you go. Makes you realise how low it is for someone to take advantage of the situation in that way.

Comment

I would make him get the weight off. If he got to within a few ounces of 135 I would settle for lots of extra cash. If he was a pound over then pay me double or no fight like his promoter said. If he could not get down to 136 then no fight. I believe Broner will make weight this time. He got down to 133.5 last fight so 135 should be easy for him to make.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                      DeMarco doesnt have a choice. Hes not the draw. His best option would be to take the money and dont mess with HBOs future baby. Or who knows next time DeMarcos people try to get a fight on HBO they forget his name.
                      Lol @ acting like Antonio Demarco is Andre Dirrel.

Comment

Working...
                      X