No announcement yet.

Amir Khans gameplan Vs Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    Problem is Oscar used to have an all time great jab. Even when he faced Floyd it was still very good. Khans jab is not that great and it isn't very strong. He virtually has no chance fighting inside or outside against Mayweather but I think he has a better chance of going in and being a bit wild. He isn't going to jab Mayweather.
    Khans jab is not great or strong?

Ask malignaggi he ate a load of jabs. Maidana started round 1 like a freight train thinking he would bulldoze khan but as soon as he ate a jab he stepped back and thought jheeze I didn't expect that.

Comment

He needs to stay on the outside but he can't just out range Mayweather because they are of similar range. Still his only shot is to maximize what he does best because Mayweather annihilates him if he gets inside.

It could be interesting if Khan can manage to stay outside but I don't think he is good enough at it to be able to win that way nor is his versatile enough to go a different way.

Comment

I think any questions about how khan deals with a fighter with a similar range will be anwsered when he fights Lamont Peterson.

Khan has a reach of 71" whereas Peterson is 74"

Comment

i dont think he can win but honestly he is the only one i see who poses slight stylistic problems for floyd. he'd have to be in superb shape, throw at least 150 more punches than floyd. but floyd stops him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hassan93k View Post
            *Serious posters only please*
            so whatever happened to "ask a silly question, get a silly answer"?

Comment

I would have a 3 step plan for him...

Step 1. Apply lots of pressure

Step 2. Apply lots of Pressure

Step 3. Apply lots of pressure

Comment

Originally posted by Hassan93k View Post
                *Serious posters only please*

Whenever someone mentions Khan vs Mayweather many of us are quick to mention the winner but....

If you were Khans trainer what gameplan would you give to Amir Khan to beat floyd?

Try and be as detailed as possible.
                I will do a similar thread for Mayweather gameplan in a couple of days.

Lets see what people think

NB - There reaches are virtually the same.
                Mayweather reach -72
                Khan reach - 71
                (According to boxrec)
                Looking at the opponent closest to beating Floyd is the way to go.

Obviously that is Luis Castillio.

Castillo got in close smothered Floyd hit him with left hooks to the body and took away Floyds Straight right which was deadly at lightweight.

Floyd has never been called upon fighting on the inside until Hatton made a good go of it, Floyd fights in the pocket not on the inside.

Khan has a size advantage, and throwing in combo's a speed advantage, if he concentrates on cutting of the ring and getting mayweather on the ropes he maybe able to make the fight ugly and reduce floyds elegant counters which score big points with the judges when you let him fight from the outside to in the pocket at will. Floyd disrupts an opponents rythem by always changing his, Castillo never let him get into any sort of rythem.

Its gunna be ugly and has got to be totally different to anything Khan has ever done inside a boxing ring before.

Fighting Floyd on the outside would be a bad idea as stated in this thread mayweather has the suprise reach advantage and a beautiful jab he can bring out when he's really up against it.

If anyone has a chance to beat Floyd its Khan not Pacquaio.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                  Khans jab is not great or strong?

Ask malignaggi he ate a load of jabs. Maidana started round 1 like a freight train thinking he would bulldoze khan but as soon as he ate a jab he stepped back and thought jheeze I didn't expect that.
                  Yer Khan has a great jab along with Mayweather,Wlad and Martinez probaly the best in boxing right now.

Comment

TBH, I need to see him fight at 147 first to see how he handles the weight and the power of his opponents. Khan's speed and combination punching might not be as good at 147. Anyways, I think Khan, attribute-wise, has a chance to beat Floyd, but skill-set wise, he still needs work.

Comment

give him angles,work to the side constantly and work his body as u move to the side, everyone works right in front of mayweather, doing that works right into his style of slipping and countering with his right, also if someone could counter floyds counter right with a left uppercut they might be able to do dammage cuz floyd hangs his chin out there when he throws it but nobodys been able to do it cuz there trying to avoid the right from floyd and floyds reflexes are so fast

Comment

Working...
                      X