No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs Cassius Clay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Lol its what u do man, Boxing Scene's very own regulator!

Dont look likely im affraid....
    Surprising as Jones always struck me as a man who was Very much aware of the dangers of boxing
    Yeah, sometimes you just got to take out the trash before it stinks the joint up :cool9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Blah! View Post
      i remember roy in his prime always reminding me how he wasn't going to fight for much longer, nevermind way past his best becuase he didn't want to end up like mcclellan

it's ironic
      He didnt even wanna hurt guys sometimes incase THEY ended up like Gerald! Jones has done alot for G man since the Benn fight but he hasnt gone to visit him, he said he wouldnt do that until he retires..... I think he needs to take that trip NOW and remind himself of what can happen in that ring he calls home

Comment

He didnt even wanna hurt guys sometimes incase THEY ended up like Gerald! Jones has done alot for G man since the Benn fight but he hasnt gone to visit him, he said he wouldnt do that until he retires..... I think he needs to take that trip NOW and remind himself of what can happen in that ring he calls home
        He has visited him a number of times. He confided it to Manny "big mouth" Steward, who told Kevin Mitchell, the sports writer for The Guardian newspaper

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
          trying to predict fights where you make fighters the same size is a bit ridiculous. you just cant do it, its WAY to theoretical.
          True.
          I wanted to have the Clay from Liston 1 (210) vs Jones at lhw (come fight night 182), but the size difference is way too much
          Originally posted by Steak View Post
          but if youre saying the Clay that won a gold medal in the Olympics at LHW vs prime LHW Roy...thats actually pretty interesting.

I don't think that's fair, matching a pro against an amateur
          Last edited by Toney616; 05-28-2011, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post
            He has visited him a number of times. He confided it to Manny "big mouth" Steward, who told Kevin Mitchell, the sports writer for The Guardian newspaper
            Really? Thats news to me, and makes it even more surprising......

Comment

Really? Thats news to me, and makes it even more surprising......
              Its covered in War, Baby: The glamour of violence. The same book I used to make my McClellan thread

Comment

Clay would beat RJJ at rapping.
                Clay would beat RJJ in the ring
                Clay would beat RJJ in looks
                Clay would beat RJJ in cockiness/style/technique/arrogance........

Now, do u realize who i voted for?

Comment

Originally posted by Devroy Jones View Post
                  Clay would beat RJJ at rapping.
                  Clay would beat RJJ in the ring
                  Clay would beat RJJ in looksClay would beat RJJ in cockiness/style/technique/arrogance........

Now, do u realize who i voted for?

Comment

If Clay can survive a round with Liston blind, he can do the business on Jones.
                    If Clay/Ali can't be KO'd by Liston, Frazier, Foreman, Shavers or Williams, hard to envisage Jones taking him down.
                    When the fight gets into the trenches Clay would just want it more. It's why he has the greatest h/w resume ever while Jones' excellent career will have an asterisk next to it for the fights he didn't take and the easy pay days he did take.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                      The only thing y'all forget was roys body punching skills he'd zap the legs off ali or if he lands one of those dumb left hooks when Ali drops the right hand for is uppercut.

But idk over a decision I take Ali cause it's gotta be a 15 rounder

But I think jones would hurt him and get him out to the body.

Kinda like Virgil hil and jones I see that liver or broken rib kinda thing happening.

P.S. Not comparing Virgil to Ali except it would possibly happen...
                      Hurt Ali to the body? The same Ali that took repeated punches from George Foreman? Ali has one of the great chins/bodies of HW history. And this is coming from a Roy & Ali fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X