Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the Chances of Daniel Day Lewis winning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim Bombadil View Post
    he lost to Tom Hanks once. who else? do you remember by chance?
    Al Pacino scent of a woman i think beat him for Malcom X

edit- nominees for that year were a hell of a list:
    robert downey,jr (chaplin)

clint eastwood (unforgiven)

al pacino (scent of a woman)

stephen rea (the crying game)

denzel washington (malcolm x)
    Last edited by gingeralbino; 02-24-2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

he lost to Tom Hanks once. who else? do you remember by chance?
      He's lost to Al Pacino and Keven Spacey, just looked it up. I can't really argue against Spacey, thought he was amazing in American Beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        He's lost to Al Pacino and Keven Spacey, just looked it up. I can't really argue against Spacey, thought he was amazing in American Beauty.
        yes he was, it's been one of my favourite movies for years. i haven't even seen scent of a woman so i can't comment.

i thought Malcolm X was brilliant and i thought he was brilliant as well.

Comment

yes he was, it's been one of my favourite movies for years. i haven't even seen scent of a woman so i can't comment.

i thought Malcolm X was brilliant and i thought he was brilliant as well.
          Scent of a woman is pretty good, havent seen it in years, but it would've been ****e if not for Al Pacino imo. He made an average movie good. Worth a watch. He plays a blind ex vet who decides to have a bit of fun when a uni student babysits him.

Malcom X is the only movie from that year i havent seen so i dunno who deserved it more between the 2 but Pacino was better than the rest imo

Comment

yeah man. i just looked up D Washinton's Oscar noms and wins. he appears to have gotten shafted a couple of times at least.

Some in the black community was pissed that it took a stereotyping performance for denzel to win best actor. It took Halle Berry getting ****ed in the ass on film for her to get a win.

Look how long it took martin scorcese to win an oscar?

the best director in hollywood (david fincher) doesnt have an oscar. He lost to a buncha Indians because the oscars had to have them perform in their halftime show.

shakespeare in love beat saving private ryan and thin red line for best picture.

its a joke.

Ill let the late and great Marlon Brando sum it up best:

the whitewashing of asians. black people dying first has evovled to black people now becoming the main bad guys in shows and movies.

hollywood is extremely politicized and racist (that's not a coincidence.)

Comment

I think Phoenix deserves the award.

But he will win. The Academy has a seriously disturbing obsession with biopics.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                Some in the black community was pissed that it took a stereotyping performance for denzel to win best actor. It took Halle Berry getting ****ed in the ass on film for her to get a win.

the best director in hollywood (david fincher) doesnt have an oscar. He lost to a buncha Indians because the oscars had to have them perform in their halftime show.

shakespeare in love beat saving private ryan and thin red line for best picture.

its a joke.

the whitewashing of asians. black people dying first has evovled to black people now becoming the main bad guys in shows and movies.

I agree completely.

Comment

btw - why haven't you seen Malcolm X? It was a pretty damned good movie.

Comment

btw - why haven't you seen Malcolm X? It was a pretty damned good movie.
                    Yeah, terrific movie, Denzel's finest performance IMO and Spike Lee's best film.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

its a joke.

do u think Dicaprio or Depp will ever win?

Comment

Working...
                      X