No announcement yet.

Felix Sturm v Martin Murray RBR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    I had it a drw but Lol @ Jim Watt being Outraged with the decision when after saying so many rounds were tight and he may have been overly generous to Murray he scored it by 1 point (on the last round which Sturm won)
    It was pretty funny too hear it.Couldnt really complain at a draw and although i had it 7 5 Sturm i could see it going the other way beacuse alotta rounds were tight early on

Comment

• Its obvious but I'll say it anyway the fight was a clear robbery Sturm out landed him 200-120 and just about all the punches Murray landed were partially blocked.

I had STurm winning 9-3

Comment

• yes,the draw was a joke,sturm won

Comment

• Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          Sturm is an elite inside boxer and is damn near flawless technically
          Hopkins, Ward and Mayweather are elite inside fighters. Sturm isn't. He's a world class fighter, well rounded with a very nice jab, but also somebody who has benefited greatly from the largely average level opposition he's faced. Hearns Jr, Macklin and Murray isn't exactly a killer's row.

Comment

Ok and they all got blocked. Sturm's defense and jab would give Sergio a ton of trouble.
            Well thats not true. Every time Martin doubled the hook (which he did often) the second hook found a home around the back of Felix's defence

Comment

• Originally posted by eli porter View Post
              Probably, he did seem vulnerable to hooks. but do you think sturm might be capable of adopting a style similar to darren barker?

Martinez likes his opponents to overcommit and had a little trouble with someone as balanced and controlled as barker.
              Probably but then Barker i think is better than Murray OR Strurm and he got knocked out despite a game effort

Comment

Its obvious but I'll say it anyway the fight was a clear robbery Sturm out landed him 200-120 and just about all the punches Murray landed were partially blocked.

I had STurm winning 9-3
                Shocking card.

Apart from the last couple of rounds Murray was blocking or partially blocking Sturms shots too, if ur gonna credit Sturm for his defence then u have to do the same for Murray and besides plenty of those double left hooks were NOT blocked

Also compubox/punch stats are a joke. They
                dont always seem accurate and they certainly dont tell the story of the fight

Comment

Working...
                X