No announcement yet.

Why did Pacquiao fight Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    So in all, you fans are telling me that...Pacquiao put money in-front of a quality opponent?

I just wanted to make sure, because I have always been told that Pacquiao always fights for legacy, and doesn't take easy fights. But I guess you guys have confirmed that he does.
    Pac dont fight for **** since Arums hands are in his ass...he is just a puppet now...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      How were those ranking "not right"

Mosley had only WON, ONE FIGHT at WW in the last 4 years....I repeat WON just ONE DAMN fight at WW in the last 4 years.

You can't be called the 3rd best WW with only winning ONE FIGHT in the last 4 years.

Especially after getting thoroughly dominated by Floyd a year prior. While Berto was a title holder, undefeated. And, had more than ONE WIN in the last 4 years.

What wasn't right about those rankings?

Was Berto overrated, over hyped? Yes he was no doubt about it. But, comparing against that shot to pieces version of Mosley who had only WON, ONE damn fight in the last years. You bet your ass Berto deserved to be ranked higher than Mosley.

And, Pac should have been fighting Berto unifying and cleaning out the division against Berto. Not no damn Mosley. Whoever defends that choice is an F'ing dickrider to the max. Like to the point where it becomes ****'ish.
      I agree with everything up to the last paragraph because boxing is a business and it is clear that Berto did not have the name Mosley did and still doesn't. Im not even a Pacquiao fan let alone a ***rider. From a fans point of view I completely agree and understand your point though.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        Clottey and Mosley were stinkers that I can't justify, especially considering there were better more suitable opponents out there at the time.

*******s can justify anything, but then it's pretty easy to justify propaganda when you have the mental capacity of a goldfish to think about it and work it out for yourself...swallow what is fed to you and ask no questions.
        Well, some of them said that Mosley was back in his prime. They predicted that Mosley would turn back the clock to 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          A old fighter vs Young?? I'm guessing you only feel that way because Mosley fought your favorite fighter Pacquiao.

No I said Berto was overrated for a long time, picked Ortiz to beat him, thought he was lucky to get the decision against Collazo.

He never fought anyone of top class.

When Mosley vs Berto were due to fight earlier in the year Mosley was favourite and rightfully so.

And Hopkins beat Pascal, old fighters dominate the p4p listings.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            No, Pacquiao first choice was Mayweather, but no one could find him. He resurfaced again once Pacquiao vs Mosley was signed.

And plus Pacquiao out did Mayweather again.

Mayweather won 10 rounds against Mosley

Pacquiao won 12 rounds agaisnt Mosley.
            How was Floyd Pac first choice, when just weeks after the Margarito fight the Mosley fight was signed?

How long did they look for Floyd, before the realized they couldn't find him? An hour?

And, no they did not out do Floyd at all in that fight.

And, Pac fought a worse version of Mosley than what Floyd did.

Comment

All time? Yes, at that time? No.
              At the time, if they fought tommorow, I would pick Mosley to win.

Comment

It was a joke match-up,if it wasnt for Floyd ducking pac these type of match ups would be avoided,but we all know Floyd is never going too fight pac which is disappointing

Comment

jrosales13 is right.

All you can do is ask a P4P champion to take who's next in line, or atlest in the top 3 rankings. Regardless if they are overhyped or a bum, beat who's next in line and you can't complain.

Pacquiao skipped ranking 2-3-4-5-6-7- to fight number 8 who was Mosley, which was ranked by ESPN.

Comment

How was Floyd Pac first choice, when just weeks after the Margarito fight the Mosley fight was signed?

How long did they look for Floyd, before the realized they couldn't find him? An hour?

And, no they did not out do Floyd at all in that fight.

And, Pac fought a worse version of Mosley than what Floyd did.
                    Looked in much better shape, shook of that ring rust he had in the Mayweather fight, looke loose, moved well an didn't gas out.

If anything Mosley was better when he faced Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by d4thincarnation View Post
                      looked in much better shape, shook of that ring rust he had in the mayweather fight, looke loose, moved well an didn't gas out.

If anything mosley was better when he faced pacquiao.
                      no, he did that against mora.

Comment

Working...
                      X