Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Ready: I'm Gonna Expose Shawn Porter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Ready: I'm Gonna Expose Shawn Porter!

It’s been a long time coming but Kell Brook’s moment of truth is finally here.
    After a 2013 which saw his IBF welterweight title clash with then champion Devon Alexander called off three times, a somewhat unnecessary rematch with Carson Jones and the biggest win of his career against Vyacheslav Senchenko. There still remained disappointment that Brook 32-0 (22 KOs) had still not challenged for a world title.

In the early hours of Sunday morning, British boxing fans will either have their hopes realised that the Yorkshireman is in fact ‘The Special One’ as he calls himself or have their fears confirmed that the chance has ultimately passed after he faces the current IBF 147lb title holder, Shawn Porter 24-0-1 (15 KOs) at the StubHub Center, California.
    When speaking to BoxingScene.com before he flew out to America for his biggest test to date, Brook was aware of the criticism that he and his promoter Eddie Hearn have had thrown at them after a frustrating 18 months. The 28 year old gave his own explanation as to why he thought that was.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is it just me or do british boxers talk too much? Between brook and khan alone is a little much.

Comment

Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
      Is it just me or do british boxers talk too much? Between brook and khan alone is a little much.
      I'm from GB and...yes they do. Well, its not so much the talking that annoys me - its the talking without having actually done anything relevant to warrant it.

Comment

I'm telling you now prepare your selfs for this, Kell is way taller and stronger than anyone he's fought, and brook is on another level skill wise to Porter, watch Kell out point him and catch him coming in then back him up I'm telling you now!

Comment

Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
          Boxer answers questions from reporters on fight week shocker!

Comment

Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
            I'm telling you now prepare your selfs for this, Kell is way taller and stronger than anyone he's fought, and brook is on another level skill wise to Porter, watch Kell out point him and catch him coming in then back him up I'm telling you now!
            OK m8, i'll give you the size difference, but I'm not sure where you get that Brook is on another skill level. What fight has he shown that in? He's displayed power but every time I've seen him fight a boxer, he's struggled (could be due to stamina).

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              OK m8, i'll give you the size difference, but I'm not sure where you get that Brook is on another skill level. What fight has he shown that in? He's displayed power but every time I've seen him fight a boxer, he's struggled (could be due to stamina).
              I think he's going to show gears we've never seen from him, he's got all the talent in the world, just look at the first Caron jones fight where he was ill prepared then look at the second fight he blew him outta there. And carson jones fights similar to Porter he likes to rough it up and fight inside but I'd actually say Jones has more power in his right hand than Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
                I think he's going to show gears we've never seen from him, he's got all the talent in the world, just look at the first Caron jones fight where he was ill prepared then look at the second fight he blew him outta there. And carson jones fights similar to Porter he likes to rough it up and fight inside but I'd actually say Jones has more power in his right hand than Porter.
                I seen something different in the Jones fights. His stamina let him down and he struggled cause of it. Either way, how's he gonna avoid Porter's viscous leaping left hook?

Comment

I seen something different in the Jones fights. His stamina let him down and he struggled cause of it. Either way, how's he gonna avoid Porter's viscous leaping left hook?
                  Can Porter even reach Brook? Dude looks like a damn midget next to him.

Comment

I am a little worried about that but if Kell can keep him of with his jab and keep active I can't see It being a problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X