Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Oscar De La Hoya a ATG??and if so where does he rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Oscar De La Hoya a ATG??and if so where does he rank?

Lets hear it fellas where and how do you rank the Golden one?
    Last edited by Larry the boss; 08-16-2012, 06:33 PM.

He's one of those right on the edge guys IMO. You can point to as many controversial wins as you can controversial losses. He was never really great.

Comment

No.........

Comment

Dlh is great(3) and a h.o.f fighter. The classes of atg and legend are too high a class for him to join though.
        1. Legend

2. Atg

3. Great

Comment

yes top 40 for sure.

Comment

HOF sure. ATG? No.

Comment

Sure. He's probably top 35-50. That's good enough. And the popularity helps.

Comment

The entire concept of an "all time great list" is wholly laughable to me as a boxing fan. I look around at the "top 100 boxers of all time" lists drawn out by publications and users alike and can't help but shake my head in utter disbelief over the fact that some fans actually take this stuff that seriously.

Granted there are fighters in this sport who's name will forever belong in the higher rankings of such lists such as Ali, Louis, Robinson, Duran, Pep, Armstrong, Greb, Langford, and many others - But the further down the list you go the more you realize the gulf in talent and accomplishment between the lower-tier guys and the higher-tier ones.

If you're the kind of fan who values such lists, limit it to 40 or 50 fighters and be done with it. And for ****'s sake leave guys like Oscar De La Hoya out of it - if you truly believe his name belongs on a list with the names of the guys I mentioned above you're an absolute dunce.

Comment

I think so,I would rank him somewhere in the top 80...

Comment

Yes.

10 titles in 6 weight classes. 2x Lineal Champ (1x WW and 1x SWW).

Wins over Bredahl (WBO SFW champ/Top 10 SFW), Paez, Molina, Ruelas (IBF LW champ/#2 LW), G. Hernandez, Leija, Chavez (WBC JWW champ/#3 JWW), Gonzalez (Top 10 JWW), Whitaker (WBC WW champ/#1 WW/#3 P4P), Rivera (Top 10 WW), Charpentier (Top 10 WW), Quartey (#3 WW), Carr (Top 10 WW), Gatti, Castillejo (WBC SWW champ/Top 10 SWW), Vargas (WBA SWW champ/#2 SWW), and Sturm (WBO MW champ/Top 10 MW).

He probably should have lost to Sturm , and his fights with Whitaker and Quartey were really close. But at the same time, you can easily say he should have won against Trinidad, and his fights with Mosley were close and he probably deserved at least one of those wins.

He's in the Top 100 easily, which to me is ATG.

Comment

Working...
                    X