No announcement yet.

The Haymon strangehold on HBO needs to end

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ottke's Twin View Post
    They would kill this kid, he got outboxed by Ponce De Leon FFS!

And for a slickster, he sure gets his a lot. Even tonight, he was getting tapped - did you see the guy's speed?

I actually think he's got some talent but his whole style in based on fighting like Mayweather, and a tribute act is not gonna work against serious fighters.
    plz ur talking outta ur ass. ponce is a much better fighter than demarco. its not even arguable imo. demarco isnt that good. i dunno wtf ur talking about u see one fight where he fought a guy who seemed to wanna block punches with his face and u think hes good? demarco used to be a prospect and then i saw the adjaho fight...that put that **** to sleep.

and the ponce fight was a huuuuge step up for the 21 yo. he lost imo, but he did not get outboxed. he got outworked. seriously dude, do u watch fights? or are u just making **** up?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      this was a disgrace. why would hbo televise this bum fight? this guy he was fighting was straight out of the chris john/joe calzaghe bum kennel.
      i do agree with this. it was supposed to be a ricky burns fight. but there was no need to put that or the russell fight on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
        HAHAHAHA rofl ur so right as i can smell it through the screen. Thats sad though.
        Let me guess. I'm racist.

Hey, that's not how you do it, though.

You pause...then ask me what my own race is, then when I tell you, you go...."OK, I get it now, I get it" and regard everything I say as being subtly racist.

Ah, the legacy of Floyd. If you ain't got losers like Broner fighting like him, you've got losers crying racism cos someone cares more about the sport of boxing than Haymon's pervasive, destructive influence at the premier boxing channel.

**** you.

Comment

[LIST=1][*]

Ah, the legacy of Floyd. If you ain't got losers like Broner fighting like him, you've got losers crying racism cos someone cares more about the sport of boxing than Haymon's pervasive, destructive influence at the premier boxing channel.
          ok cool so you have similar post pointing this issue out with any other promoters and fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            plz ur talking outta ur ass. ponce is a much better fighter than demarco. its not even arguable imo. demarco isnt that good. i dunno wtf ur talking about u see one fight where he fought a guy who seemed to wanna block punches with his face and u think hes good? demarco used to be a prospect and then i saw the adjaho fight...that put that **** to sleep.

and the ponce fight was a huuuuge step up for the 21 yo. he lost imo, but he did not get outboxed. he got outworked. seriously dude, do u watch fights? or are u just making **** up?
            I can't do this dance with you. You're a moron.

Comment

Let me guess. I'm racist.

Hey, that's not how you do it, though.

You pause...then ask me what my own race is, then when I tell you, you go...."OK, I get it now, I get it" and regard everything I say as being subtly racist.

**** you.
              Are you not a racist? Yes or NO.

Comment

I can't do this dance with you. You're a moron.
                ur an idiot who clearly doesnt kno what hes talking about. its all cool tho. dont get exposed again and u'll be fine.

Comment

Excuse me if I don't get excited by a lame Floyd Mayweather tribute act knocking out a slow as **** plodder made to order. If you're gonna get an Argentinian, at least get one who can punch and take a punch.

That was a joke, man. I admit I am biased cos I despise Broner's personality but how has he come from nowhere to some hyped BAD prospect?

Haymon is awesome for his fighters.

Bad for boxing fans.

Hershman needs to get a control of this.

Comment

Yeah Sven's twin is outta his mind. He is just straight up hating...

Comment

LMAO at this idiots turning this into a thread about race

I ain't even responding to that ****. I don't get sucked into stuff like that.

If you can't see what the problem with Haymon's influence at HBO, then that says more about you.

And the only way race plays a part in this is that there's only one reason you morons defend Broner and Haymon.

The rest of us, who don't give a **** about stuff like that, have had enough of this. We went through this Berto, and just when Ortiz did us all a favour, here comes Broner.

Enough of this.

Comment

Working...
                      X