Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale: If I Bet The House, Bellew Knocks Cleverly Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale: If I Bet The House, Bellew Knocks Cleverly Out!

Super middleweight contender James DeGale had an interesting take on Saturday's light heavyweight bout between WBO champion Nathan Cleverly (22-0, 11KOs) and challenger Tony Bellew (16-0, 10KOs), taking place at Liverpool’s Echo Arena. DeGale, who sparred with both fighters, is very familiar with them. He says Bellew is a much stronger puncher. DeGale, who appears in the co-feature, would bet his money on Bellew to win by knockout.

[Click Here To Read More]

'if i bet the house, i'd knock out Groves in 4 rounds' - James DeGale

Comment

Weird for DeGale to come out and say that. Either hes trying to build a rivalry with Cleverley for a future fight or hes trying to make this seem like a closer fight than it really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Weird for DeGale to come out and say that. Either hes trying to build a rivalry with Cleverley for a future fight or hes trying to make this seem like a closer fight than it really is.
        DeGale & Bellew are very close mates, DeGale & Cleverley are just on the same stable who spar with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
          DeGale & Bellew are very close mates, DeGale & Cleverley are just on the same stable who spar with each other.
          Are they? Didnt know that.

Comment

There are always points in fights where Cleverly takes stupid risks. So far he hasn't met an opponent good enough to punish him.

He can easily get drawn into a toe to toe war, and if that happens then Bellew has a chance. Otherwise Cleverly will swarm him with fast combinations and Bellew will tire as the fight goes on. He cuts a lot of weight to make 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
              'if i bet the house, i'd knock out Groves in 4 rounds' - James DeGale
              I was thinking this too. When's Degale going to give Groves the £30,000 bet he made?

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                I was thinking this too. When's Degale going to give Groves the £30,000 bet he made?
                How good is Degale? He looks like he could make a run at middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
                  How good is Degale? He looks like he could make a run at middleweight.
                  He's talented, olympic gold medalist. Looks like he could become very good but in my opinion, he's one of them fighters who is better suited the amateurs. He has only just started learning to rotate his punches!! I really think he should honour the bet he made with Groves before his fight and pay the man though.

Comment

If he did he would most likely be homeless.

Comment

Working...
                    X