Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Degale should never fight in britain again!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
    Groves landed more early, was more accurate and controlled the pace and distance of the fight at that stage. Easy rounds to score for Groves.
    For a Groves fan? of course it was, but any level headed individual would know that it was pretty much three apiece after the 6th round, after that Degale started to take control from the ninth round onwards!!,

I'm waiting for you to make just one legitimate argument in favour of Degale getting robbed.

Waiting...

ting...

ng...
    Erm but i thought you said there was "nothing to see here"? and furthermore i already made a "legitmate argument".. GROVES GOT A HOME DECISION, simples.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
      You are taking this too far.I've been on twitter and this is not the general trend but isolated incidences.In every population you will find some extremely ******ed people which is the case in your twits
      Well obviously i'm also on twitter and i don't see many "positive" comments aimed at Degale at all!.. so i guess we'll have to disagree.

Comment

• Same goes for Carl Froch; he's a world champion and one of the best boxers to come out of Britain, but they hate him because he's black.

...because the only reason a fighter can be disliked is because they're black, right? It has nothing to do with the fact that they're arrogant ****s.

Moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          I agree that he's not treated well by the fans, it's got nothing to do with race though. Khan, Hatton and Haye prove that race isn't important.

Amir Khan is also an arrogant b@stard like DeGale, but unlike DeGale he didn't bring home the gold. Despite that, Khan has a pretty strong fan-base while DeGale doesn't...strange. All DeGale has to do is get himself a better trainer.

Khan was the only UK boxing entry and 17. He brought boxing back to ITV... Of course he is more well known, he went in 2004, degale at the next Olympics.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Same goes for Carl Froch; he's a world champion and one of the best boxers to come out of Britain, but they hate him because he's black.

...because the only reason a fighter can be disliked is because they're black, right? It has nothing to do with the fact that they're arrogant ****s.

Moron.
            Erm does Froch get booed in his own country you fecking idiot? NO!!.. so shut your mouth and engage your brain before you type next time!! .

Comment

• Khan is liked in the UK as is David Haye, neither are white brawlers. Degale shot himself in the foot when his criticism was centered around Groves' looks. Trash talking is fine but repetitively commenting on another man's looks is not the best method of trash talk when competing in what can be perceived as a sport followed by the working class man. The UK generally like to see the underdog win which is why Eubank and Naseem always found themselves being rooted against by domestic fans, although fans respected their skill. Carl Froch, as you pointed out, also likes to talk trash the only difference being that he is competing at the highest level however still conducts himself with more humility than Degale, Froch is only now about to have his fights televised on Sky Sports where as Degale has already found himself on box office. Danny Williams, Lennox Lewis, Frank Bruno, even Chisora gets some love. Regarding the fight itself Degale was getting beaten at his own game so had to revert to pushing his elbow into Groves' face, which I'm sure didn't go unnoticed by the judges, as well as the clash of heads which prompted blood to run into Groves' eye. The fight was in no way a robbery and could have went either way, but boxing is a sport about conducting yourself with respect, both for your opponent as well as yourself, it's a fundamental thing that Degale will need to brush up on if he wants to be respected by boxing fans, both casuals and the hardcore.

Comment

• Me and those who watched the DeGale V Groves fight with me were disgusted that a British gold Olympian was treated in such a way.

Comment

• He was only treated that way because of the way he's been acting since he won the gold.

Personally I think a loss at this stage in his career might actually do him some good. Get that massive ego checked early on, then knuckle down and become the star he has the potential to become.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
                    He was only treated that way because of the way he's been acting since he won the gold.

Personally I think a loss at this stage in his career might actually do him some good. Get that massive ego checked early on, then knuckle down and become the star he has the potential to become.
                    this is what I am hoping for.

Hopefully a Groves rematch too.

Comment

Working...
                    X