Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Manny slipped more than Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously Manny will decline much quicker than Marquez.

Manny's superiority to other fighters was largely dependent on his freakish athleticism, his endurance, his power, his handspeed etc.

Marquez' excellence has been built on exceptional, ATG technique.

Technique lasts longer than athleticism.

Comment

Pac's desire/heart to fight is not the same anymore when he fought Ledwahba, Barrera, Morales, Dela Hoiya, and Cotto. Just look at him delaying his arrival in Los Angeles. Pac might have trained in Philippines but its not the same when your with your team in Wild Card gym. He already has wear and tear in the body. Pac has 2 things gong for him, speed and conditioning. Take one out and it affects the way he fights. I noticed that against Bradley. I thought Pac was gonna lose due to the factors i posted but he won(controversial lost) and was impressive. But his conditioning looks like its not the same anymore. He looks tired already by the 6th round.

JMM on the other hand relies on his skills and has aged well for 38 years old. But the big advantage of JMM over Pac is Marquez still have the desire/heart to fight on. And reason for that desire/heart to continue is because of his fights with Pac. 3 closed fights that could have gone either way and JMM believed he should have won that. And after their 1st fight, Pac went on to go up in weight remaining undefeated(until the controversial Bradley decision), winning accolades such as fighter of the year from different boxing organizations, adored by fans world wide, endorsements, and earning millions of dollars. JMM instead went to Indonesia, fought for about $30,000 in a lost to Chris John. In my opinion, JMM believes that all those good things that happen to Pac, should have gone to him.

I will root for Pac to win but 6 weeks of training is not enough while JMM has been preparing like his still new to boxing and needs to prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

Manny's superiority to other fighters was largely dependent on his freakish athleticism, his endurance, his power, his handspeed etc.

Marquez' excellence has been built on exceptional, ATG technique.

Technique lasts longer than athleticism.
        Already affecting him against Bradley.

Comment

they're equally past it
          Marquez is literally old, and Pac is an old fighter for his kind of style
          both guys will be up for the fight though
          this is the last hurrah for both of these guys

Comment

Originally posted by Blubba View Post
            he hasnt slipped too much, maybe his stamina and mostly hunger, just his opponents since magarito have been boxing instead of trading with him. any good fighter who choose to box will look good vs pacman, cus he cant cut ring off to save his life.

watch pac vs cotto , first few rounds when cotto wanted to box, pacman cudnt get near him, then he went mano a mano and ****ed up.

mosley decided to box/run after realising he cant trade with pacman, pacman cuddnt do ****.

bradley same.
            Well after seing Mosley and Cotto lost to Pacquiao in one sided beatdown decision. It doesn't matter either you box or slug it out with Pacquiao. To beat Pacquiao you have to fight like Marquez... Mosley, Cotto and Bradley did not.

You think Bradley won against Pacquiao? That says a lot a things about you if you say yes.
            Last edited by whirlwind; 11-04-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              One thing people dont realize with Pac is he fights big name, after big name, he couldnt get away with fighting some of the people JMM fights. All is forgiven with JMM if he fights Pac and gives him a competitive fight, people dont seem to be so up to date with who JMM fights.

But Pac is so busy with other things and with Roachs parkinsons, i dont think Pac is as close to his prime he probably slipped more than JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
                Pac's desire/heart to fight is not the same anymore when he fought Ledwahba, Barrera, Morales, Dela Hoiya, and Cotto. Just look at him delaying his arrival in Los Angeles. Pac might have trained in Philippines but its not the same when your with your team in Wild Card gym. He already has wear and tear in the body. Pac has 2 things gong for him, speed and conditioning. Take one out and it affects the way he fights. I noticed that against Bradley. I thought Pac was gonna lose due to the factors i posted but he won(controversial lost) and was impressive. But his conditioning looks like its not the same anymore. He looks tired already by the 6th round.

JMM on the other hand relies on his skills and has aged well for 38 years old. But the big advantage of JMM over Pac is Marquez still have the desire/heart to fight on. And reason for that desire/heart to continue is because of his fights with Pac. 3 closed fights that could have gone either way and JMM believed he should have won that. And after their 1st fight, Pac went on to go up in weight remaining undefeated(until the controversial Bradley decision), winning accolades such as fighter of the year from different boxing organizations, adored by fans world wide, endorsements, and earning millions of dollars. JMM instead went to Indonesia, fought for about $30,000 in a lost to Chris John. In my opinion, JMM believes that all those good things that happen to Pac, should have gone to him.

I will root for Pac to win but 6 weeks of training is not enough while JMM has been preparing like his still new to boxing and needs to prove himself.
                So going by your logic, Pac lost motivation against Marquez 2 then regain it when he fought De la Hoya and Cotto afterwards, and then lost it again against Marquez 3. Seems like Pac loses motivation and focus against non-weight drain, skilled fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

Manny's superiority to other fighters was largely dependent on his freakish promoter's ability to strong arm opponents to be weight drained.

Marquez' excellence has been built on exceptional, ATG technique, which has allowed him to over come Manny's forced weight advantage..

Technique lasts longer than ones ability cherry pick and weight draining fighters.
                  co-signed

Comment

That's exactly what team Pacquiao has been hoping for and still hoping for.

Comment

Working...
                    X