No announcement yet.

Rejected by more jobs applications

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected by more jobs applications

I'm getting really sick of applications for jobs. It takes a lot of effort to fill in these silly applications and it's not as if getting an interview is easy either. I had an interview a week ago and I thought it went well only to be rejected today. Arghhh, so fucking sick of it. I'm going to die jobless.

Let's hear it - who are the unemployed? Don't be afraid to show yourself!
    Last edited by MeiXiang; 09-29-2011, 09:22 AM.

hell i feel ya man....i've applied for at least 50jobs in last few months to have none...prob and worse part is..i'm well qualified for these jobs...its a f'en joke these days one used to have to go in2 a place of business and ask for an application and usually talk to someone then..that way an employer already has an idea and can see the person applying..now days u cant do that..u go in and all u have is some ahole tellen you "oh you have to apply online" then u get a bunch of BS questions that are ALL on ur resume that they ask you for at the end..either let me fill out the BS app or hand in my Resume..not both...oh and not to mention the lil questionaires that if u happen to be confused on one ? they boot u out and the app never hits management..erghh

Comment

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
      hell i feel ya man....i've applied for at least 50jobs in last few months to have none...prob and worse part is..i'm well qualified for these jobs...its a f'en joke these days one used to have to go in2 a place of business and ask for an application and usually talk to someone then..that way an employer already has an idea and can see the person applying..now days u cant do that..u go in and all u have is some ahole tellen you "oh you have to apply online" then u get a bunch of BS questions that are ALL on ur resume that they ask you for at the end..either let me fill out the BS app or hand in my Resume..not both...oh and not to mention the lil questionaires that if u happen to be confused on one ? they boot u out and the app never hits management..erghh

Truth! I'm well qualified for these roles - it's a shame that you have to be well connected to get the best jobs. I feel like dying

Comment

1) The job requirements before the application/resume submission on sites like monster, indeed, and/or simplyhired are unrealistic.

2) No application should be asking what your race is nor do they need put a disclaimer somewhere saying it's equal opportunity and they don't discriminate.

3) Most of the time, application are not looked at if not referred.

4) It's who you know to get in and what you know to stay in.

5) Basic jobs ask for too much they aren't willing to compensate you for, while the people at the top get bonuses.

Comment

It's the way the economy is right now. Looks like it's only going to get worse as well unfortunately. Not sure how things are in America but in the UK there are an estimated 2.5 million unemployed, 6 years ago it was under 1 million.

Comment

its bs, I always refused to do it. Just try setting up a interview, Job Applications are for suckers that go straight to bottom of the pile in an event if a meteorite drops on their building and kills 30000 employees

Comment

The part that fux everything up is there are so many people playing the numbers game. They are applying to everything, and will work for nothing. Meanwhile people who are qualified for particular industry's and positions go jobless. I can't complain about that anymore though, I had a sales background and wound up in an accounting position making about half what I used to / year. Yeah, I played the numbers game also.

You have to keep your head up and spirits alive though. The strong were the ones who made it through the depression, and when things upturned again they lived well. Not to be nostalgic, just pointing out these things happen.

Comment

Originally posted by yonge.heffer View Post
                its bs, I always refused to do it. Just try setting up a interview, Job Applications are for suckers that go straight to bottom of the pile in an event if a meteorite drops on their building and kills 30000 employees
                Very good point. Get on the phone and ask for the interview. The old way of doing things is out the window at this point.
                Think of it this way. There are a lot of people doing the same things. You have to stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
                  Very good point. Get on the phone and ask for the interview. The old way of doing things is out the window at this point.
                  Think of it this way. There are a lot of people doing the same things. You have to stand out.
                  Yep, my friend owns a Agency that hires thousands of people. I worked there for many years, you would be shocked at what people apply for.

You would post a job opening that says:

Required:

Bachelors in Engineering or Computer Science
                  3 Years Experience
                  So and so certificates

you would get 3000 applications from people who DONT EVEN MEET ONE of those requirements, 70% are from people with no HS diploma and job experience of McDonalds, 25% are Indians/Chinese who send a 30 page resume of complete crap (they all send the same crap, it seems like PhD's and Master degrees are the equivalent of a High School diploma in India because EVERYONE has one, I wonder how much cash is it to get one since they all claim to have PHD's and Master degrees but when you send them to an interview they know NOTHING, but are willing to work for $15 an hour and "i learn please sir")

and the rest of the 5% are from people actually qualified but either 1) want to be sponsored into Canada from 3rd world country 2) Want to be relocated from America 3) "Have a job currently but I wanna keep my options open and dont wanna come to an interview"

Thats why you ALWAYS try to find out the name of the company hiring and go into their office and BUG THEM, until they give you a face to face interview with the hiring person (not the HR person, they are just useless wh0res who do nothing but attend Political Correctness classes and other BS to make them seem smart, dont even talk to these clowns, find the department head who is actually hiring and get a face interview with him) and if they say they arent hiring for that position currently? Keep bugging them, most of our hires came from guy's who showed dedication and kept calling us every week or 2 weeks to remind us of who he is.

If you are applying for a HUGE company and its thru those web applications where they get 3000 of em for a single job, they use a computer program to filter everything out, they dont actually look at any of them, they have BUZZ WORDS that scan the resume and flags it so someone looks at it.

So you need to work on your resume, make sure to BULL**** as much as you can, find all your industries BUzzwords and fill the resume with bUzzwords

Comment

I'm legally qualified looking for a trainee lawyer position. I have all the qualifications in the world yet no luck in getting anyway. My industry sucks the most. You can't bullshit your way in the legal profession unless you sleep with the partner (if he's closet gay that is).
                    Last edited by MeiXiang; 09-29-2011, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X