No announcement yet.

37,000 tickets + sold for Klitschko/Mormeck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
    The Klitschkos are the real cash cows of Boxing.
    Indeed they are.

I don't see any boxers in the US fighting in front of crowds of 35,000 to 60,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Indeed they are.

I don't see any boxers in the US fighting in front of crowds of 35,000 to 60,000.
      I don't see any boxers from Europe selling a high number of PPV's either. The Klitschko's re big draws in Europe, that's good for them. They can sell a s**t load of tickets over seas, no doubt.

Mayweather and Pacquiao are still the 2 biggest draws in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
        I don't see any boxers from Europe selling a high number of PPV's either. The Klitschko's re big draws in Europe, that's good for them. They can sell a s**t load of tickets over seas, no doubt.
        The Haye-Klitschko PPV actually did very well, and still sold 60,000 tickets, as did the Adamek-Vitali fight.

Floyd had to give away tickets to his last fight to fill a much smaller venue.

Far more people in the world watch Wlad's fights than Mayweather's fights. Outside the US, nobody knows who Floyd Mayweather is.

Comment

If Hasselhoff can be a celebrity in Germany so can the Klitschko's.

It's like Germans go ape **** for whatever celebrity they have since they have so few.

A LOT of Europeans are nationalists as well, so it's not surprising there are so many fans of Wlad and what he represents for them. Wlad is one of the most boring HW Champs of all time (at least top 3), it's why he isn't popular in America at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            The Haye-Klitschko PPV actually did very well, and still sold 60,000 tickets, as did the Adamek-Vitali fight.

Floyd had to give away tickets to his last fight to fill a much smaller venue.

Far more people in the world watch Wlad's fights than Mayweather's fights. Outside the US, nobody knows who Floyd Mayweather is.
            How many PPV's did it sell????? Give me a link.....In the boxing world, Mayweather is light years more popular than the Klitschko's, sorry man. To become a big name fighter, you have to come to the US. It's just a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              How many PPV's did it sell????? Give me a link.....In the boxing world, Mayweather is light years more popular than the Klitschko's, sorry man. To become a big name fighter, you have to come to the US. It's just a fact.
              That is true but I think it may change in the future bc there is a massive Boxing following in Europe.

Comment

damn expecting to sell 50,000 tickets

50,000 fans expected for Wladimir-Mormeck bout on Saturday
                February 29th, 2012
                (Photo credit: Michael Eaton Sterling/KMG) By Sean McDaniel: U.S. Boxing fans make a big deal out of the 41,000+ fans that showed up to watch WBO welterweight champion Manny Manny Pacquiao’s fight against Antonio Margarito at the Cowboy’s Stadium, in Arlington, Texas in November 2010. That was a huge crowd, right?

On Saturday night, IBF/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (56-3, 49 KO’s) will be facing former WBA/WBC cruiserweight champion Jean Marc Mormeck (36-4, 22 KO’s) in what will be 50,000+ fans at the ESPRIT arena, Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.
                The tickets have been sold and it’s pretty astronomical number for a fight that pretty much amounts to be a horrible mismatch no matter how you look at it. Wladimir and his trainer Emanuel Steward have gone a long ways towards building the 39-year-old Mormeck up to make him seem like a giant killer, but you boxing fans are believing and still see Mormeck as being way out of his class. In Germany, Wladimir and his brother Vitali Klitschko are huge stars and are able to fill arenas and stadiums even against overmatched opposition like Mormeck. A fight between Wladimir and Mormeck would be lucky to draw 3000 fans if it were held in Las Vegas, Nevada or New York’s Madison Square Garden. And forget about putting it in the Cowboy’s Stadium, in Arlington, Texas. It would be a huge disaster if the fight were to be held there or pretty much anywhere in the U.S., but in Germany, Wladimir does well even when facing a disappointing opponent like Mormeck.

Wladimir isn’t dismissing Mormeck as a threat to him, pointing out that he was beaten by another fighter close to Mormeck’s height Lamont Brewster in 2004 in a 5th round TKO loss for Wladimir. However, Brewster was still a heavier fighter at 226lbs compared to the 215 pound Mormeck. Brewster, 6’2″, was also taller than the 5’11″ Mormeck. so you can see that Wladimir has a smaller fighter in front of him on Saturday compared to in his 2004 loss. Wladimir learned after that fight how to fight shorter guys by using his jab constantly to keep them on the outside and helpless. When Wladimir fought Brewster again in a rematch in July 2007, he used his jab exclusively and Brewster never even got near him to try and throw his big left hook that he was known for.

http://www.************.com/2012/02/...t-on-saturday/

Comment

The klitschko probably out sell any American fighter even in the US

Anybody remember the crowd figures for Areolla and Imbraginov?

Comment

I'm curious, does anyone actually know the Klitschko PPV numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                      I'm curious, does anyone actually know the Klitschko PPV numbers?
                      No. The Klitschko's are really popular in Europe obviously, but I doubt they'd sell even remotely close to what May and Pac do in America. And Floyd/Manny wouldn't sell what they do in Europe either.

Here's a question......who'd sell more tickets, the Klitschko's in America or Manny and Floyd in Europe?????

And when it comes to PPV's, it's not even close.

Comment

Working...
                      X