Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking: Cotto-Margarito may move to another state because of Margo's license issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    I don't think it's going to happen but if it does I'm going to be pissed cause I already paid for my shit.
    Same here buddy, Plane tickets, I rented a aparment for the whole weakend plus the fight ticket itself.

I hope Arum dies!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear06 View Post
      LMFAO at the people who bought tickets for this fight.

You're gettin a lil too excited. I doubt the NY commission kills the biggest fight to come to the garden in the last few years over an eye that's been cleared by multiple docs who've looked at it.

Comment

Ppl who say it should be in the Meadowlands are nuts.Its cold in jersey right now.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
          Same here buddy, Plane tickets, I rented a aparment for the whole weakend plus the fight ticket itself.

I hope Arum dies!!!!!
          oh man, this reminds me of traveling to see Castillo/Corrales III and it being cancelled the day of the weigh-in. fffffuuuuuuuuu. i hope it still goes down mane

Comment

Wowwww.... incredibly unprofessional of Top Rank

Comment

Top Rank better pray that the commision gives Margarito the license if not they will have a PR mess on their hands and will lose the trust of the fans. You don't move a fight from a venue 2 weeks before it happens after you have promoted the hell out of it putting billboards all over the city.

Comment

This is bull****. I've booked plane tickets from Ireland that weekend, as well as fight tickets and a hotel in NY. If they change venue, then thats the last cent I ever give top rank for anything.

Comment

Dumb ass Arum... You handle this **** BEFORE you announce the god damn fight or venue.

Comment

Well, if this ends up in Vegas I may end up there.

Comment

The problem with moving the fight to another venue is that they would most likely make your tickets general admission. Yes, they would give you an area where you could sit (lower bowl if that's where your original seats were) but it would be first come first serve. With this fight being emotionally charged already I think this would be a recipe for disaster. There would be a few scraps in the stands for sure. Especially after the booze starts to kick in LOL.

All I know is that if this fight doesn't happen in NYC there are going to be problems if they move it to another venue on such short notice. Not only that, but we are less than 3 weeks away from the fight. They would have to apply for licenses in another state, wait for a hearing etc. I can't help but think that if it doesn't go down at MSG it will have to be postponed.

By the way, has there been any footage at all of Margarito sparring for this fight posted on the net? If there hasn't we should be sceptical at the condition his eye is in. If he's not sparring much, if you see his sparring partner isn't punching him in the head, or it all looks half assed I think this will be a joke of a fight. He won't be able to see after the first 3 or 4 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X