Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance Pavlik pulls off the upset?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Against a No. 1 'prime' pound for pound boxer (in my book), he's got no chance, only a punchers chance really.

Comment

Dont think Pavlik is effective at 168. 160 was his best mostly cause his size with his power. 168 more people his size and he doesnt have the skills to change up his game to win. Same like Cotto, was a monster at 140 cause his size so he could mow people down but at 147 he had to change up cause he wasnt going to KO everyone like he was at 140. Pavliks not winning this one, hell look lost and slow.

Comment

This ain't looking good 4 Pavlik...Ward is one of the best in the sport. If he gets blown out it will be the end for Kelly without question...

Comment

Don't think he would've had a chance in his prime so not now.

He fought Taylor at 166 and his power didn't particularly carry with him and Froch/Kessler are more versatile and IMO hit harder so Pavlik probably doesn't even have that great of a punchers chance.

Comment

Every time hes fought a good boxer with skill hes been embarrassed (martinez, hopkins).... how is he supposed to beat ward?

Comment

Pavlik was one of my favorite fighters when he was on top of the world. But to answer your question, NO.

Comment

The only chance Pavlik wins is if Ward's hands are tied during the fight.

Comment

No chance of upset, but I want to watch this still.

Comment

This fight is truly pathetic. It's a complete mismatch. Even Pavlik in his prime wouldn't beat Ward or probably even make it very close, let alone this drunken hasbeen of a fighter he's now.

Right now this is in the same category as Canelo vs. Mosley to me.

Comment

Pavlik should go to the body. He doesnt have even a punchers chance up stairs because hes going to miss most of it anyways and even if he does land his best it wont KO ward.

Pavlik has like a 1/1000 chance of landing a perfect liver shot. If he gets it he should by lottery tickets too

Comment

Working...
                      X