No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella: "Martinez will fight Mayweather at 150 if he wants, 80/20 split"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bushbaby View Post
    not gonna happen. Floyd & his fans want ginger bumhype. There's even rumors of ginger being guaranteed the fight if he loses in may. Probably the only way he'll fight trout.
    ??????????? Why? Or why here?

Comment

What is Mayweather's excuse now?

Comment

i don't believe martinez can make 150, that's just a sound of desperation by his team because they can't make floyd get interested to fight martinez

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          Exactly. How many more fights is it going to take for managers etc to realise that a fighter cannot go back down to a division he's well and truly grown out of and hasn't made the weight for in many years, especially when they are much older and in the twilight of their career. We see it time and time and time again and they never come out on the upside.

Just like Dawson, Oscar, Morales etc, Martinez would be dead if he really tried to get to 150. I actually don't think he could make it, even if he desperately tried now.

How ****ing thick would DiBella have to be to try this? He would be, quite literally, ruining his fighters career and the last future prospects that he might have left. Of all the possibilities for Sergio, this is the single worst move he could make for Martinez. Career suicide.

Martinez hasn't made 150 in ten years. He was 27/28 the last time he made that weight, and he's now 37 years old. He hasn't even made 154 in 4 years now too and now fights, in his late thirties, as a solid middleweight.
          He was fighting between 147 and 154 when he first started as a prospect, 15 years ago. It's just not possible to do it, at his age and size, without severe repercussions.

I do realise this is likely just BS posturing from DiBella, but what a dick! "Hey everyone, I'm willing to throw my fighter to the wolves for my quick buck! Ain't I just dandy?"
          People read this.

Comment

If Martinez accepts anything below 154 he's cashing out and doesn't care about winning.

Comment

come on floyd!!! fight someone decent

Comment

Working...
              X