No announcement yet.

Does GGG deserve to be on HBO........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does GGG deserve to be on HBO........

........but not other eastern European fighters? I think so. It it all comes down to excitement. The American public will buy into Golovkin because he is fun to watch and humble, much the way they bought into Pacquiao. Do you think this means HBO should show other eastern Europeans or would that be against their better interests as a business?

hell they show Dawson on a constant basis and i dont think that betters their interest as a business. same with how much work they put in with seth mitchell.

GGG is legit, explosive and just plain awesome. I'm glad HBO is giving others a chance. If it just happens to be that foreigners are exciting and awesome then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
      hell they show Dawson on a constant basis and i dont think that betters their interest as a business. same with how much work they put in with seth mitchell.

GGG is legit, explosive and just plain awesome. I'm glad HBO is giving others a chance. If it just happens to be that foreigners are exciting and awesome then so be it.
      Difference is Dawson is American and HBO caters to America. I'm also glad GGG is being shown, but do you think it would be a good decision to put a boring, no name Easter European on HBO just because he was a good fighter? Golovkin has proved himself repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Difference is Dawson is American and HBO caters to America. I'm also glad GGG is being shown, but do you think it would be a good decision to put a boring, no name Easter European on HBO just because he was a good fighter? Golovkin has proved himself repeatedly.
        at times those two contradict each other imo. no name and good i mean.

A boring but highly skilled euro fighter = yes

A boring and virtually unknown skilled euro fighter meaning that they haven't faced anyone worthy/of note = no imo

Comment

at times those two contradict each other imo. no name and good i mean.

A boring but highly skilled euro fighter = yes

A boring and virtually unknown skilled euro fighter meaning that they haven't faced anyone worthy/of note = no imo
          Not sure I'm following you here. Why would you put a boring but skilled eastern European on American television? For that matter, why would you put a boring but skilled American on eastern European television? This is a business that needs to cater to the majority, how would this help them at all?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Not sure I'm following you here. Why would you put a boring but skilled eastern European on American television? For that matter, why would you put a boring but skilled American on eastern European television? This is a business that needs to cater to the majority, how would this help them at all?
            aren't floyd's fights played in europe? why does HBO promote rigondeaux who has virtually no fan base and isn't american? does rigo deserved to be on HBO?

i think regardless of nationality they should get hbo shots if they are skilled, highly ranked, and not fighting bums.

Comment

aren't floyd's fights played in europe? why does HBO promote rigondeaux who has virtually no fan base and isn't american? does rigo deserved to be on HBO?

i think regardless of nationality they should get hbo shots if they are skilled, highly ranked, and not fighting bums.
              I don't know, are Floyd fights shown in eastern Europe? I wouldn't show them unless they got ratings. And Rigondeaux has mad skills and is exciting to watch, so there is a difference. You seem to be ignoring that HBO is a business. If the American public is not entertained than they will not watch. If they don't watch than business ceasts to exist. It's not about nationality, its about what you can sell to the people who keep you in business.

Comment

Many hbo and even untelevised hbo undercards are televised in Poland and Russia.

The thing with Gennady Golovkin is that he is fighting in New York. Even though his opponent may not be HBO(or title) worthy, it is a chance to showcase Golovkin's skills and power. Many other eastern European fighters would rather fight in the safer environment of Germany but at least Golovkin is fighting abroad. This will increase his marketability on both sides of the Atlantic and create U.S. interest in a possible unification and lead to more major bouts and more money.

Comment

sure, why not.

Comment

The reason Golovkin will make it on HBO is because one, he is not stiff. Two, he fights with power. Three, he rips shots to the body. Four, he looks and acts like a choir boy but fights like an assasin.

Comment

Working...
                    X