What if the Cotto/Mayweather fight had 8oz Gloves instead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mzz787 View Post
    Re-watch the fight and look at the 8th round..you ****ing idiot
    Remind me, what happened in the 8th round?

Comment

Steward said during telecast , Floyd wanted 8 , Cotto wanted 10 because its harder to get through the 10oz gloves , said 10s are like pillows yet Floyd is still able to split the guard ands land cleanly !

Floyd would have chopped him up , Cotto didnt land anything flush except for a few jabs , Im sure more than 1/2 the idiots on this site dont even watch the fight they just watch their favorite and listen for anything negative from the commentary while ignoring anything positive .

Hard to believe the idiots go on a about a bloody nose !

Comment

Wouldn't have made a difference. I swear some people have never even put gloves on in their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by mzz787 View Post
          Re-watch the fight and look at the 8th round..you ****ing idiot
          Floyd walked thru all of cotto's punches...Floyd dont feel pain obviously, he tried to walk thru Mosley's punches as well

Comment

It would have been Fight Of The Year, then!

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              if cotto did that to floyd's face with 10oz gloves what would he have done with 8s?

bigger question is, if cotto did that to floyd's face with pillow gloves, wtf is pac (who is known for disfiguring faces in the ring) gonna do with 8 oz gloves at 147?

what happened to floyd vs cotto was happening to floyd slowly but surely against ortiz. we all saw it when ortiz started pressing floyd in the corners ortiz landed.
              That was with Cottos power hand. Manny's left you can see coming from a mile away. Besides it's apples and oranges, Manny and Cotto don't box like each other.

Comment

I don't think Floyd would've knocked Cotto out but he would've had him hurt more times and sooner. Floyd would've also been a little faster. I don't think it would've helped Cotto at all. The nose bleeding was from his jab which was the only punch that Cotto was landing good. I think the gloves make a bigger difference than everyone thinks for Floyd. Floyd *****ed about the gloves against Oscar. He wanted the 8oz for a reason and Cotto didn't for a reason.

People need to stop with the Pacquaio power ****! Mosley hits harder than Pac. Cotto hits harder than Pac. De La Hoya hits harder than Pac. Hell even Judah in my opinion hits harder at 147 than Pac. If that shot Mosley landed didn't drop Floyd than how the hell is Pac gonna drop him? Seriously people Pac's power is way overrated. I honestly don't think he hits too much harder than Floyd at 147 if at all. He's only tko'd people from hitting them so many times and when he's dropped the bigger guys it's more from a fast punch that they didn't see than pure power. Why did Floyd knock Marquez down but in Marquez vs Pac 3, Pac couldn't drop him at all?

My verdict on Pac at WW is still out... he's only fought two legit fights at 147. Those two fights he didn't look stellar at all. I think Bradley is the 1st legit test for Pac since moving up from 130lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                  Cotto doesn't make it out of the 12th round.

Remember when Floyd hurt Cotto in the 12th? I do.
                  Yeah I remember him hurting Cotto then not even going for the kill afterward (or even any meaningful attempt at a follow-up). LOL @ thinking that somehow 2oz difference in glove size sparks Cotto out in the 12th or somehow provides Mayweather a killer instinct that didn't exist in the actual fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                    I think the entire fight would have been different. Floyd would have boxed more after feeling 8 oz from a 154lber. Depending on how he reacts to it I think it would have been an easier UD for Floyd.
                    This sums it up. Mayweather would have boxed and once the championship rounds hit, turn up the pressure.

Comment

The right hands from Mayweather in Round 4 probably would have dropped Cotto had they worn 8 oz gloves.

Comment

Working...
                      X