Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont eat fast food or **** but i can't stay away from sweets

Comment

Damn...

You guys are good about your ****. I just dont like any healthy food. I eat terrible and drink on average at least 5 cokes a day. Somehow I manage to not be a fatty even though I never work out... I just cant deny myself the things that I like.

Comment

Had a Grand Angus burger and three chicken dippers from Maccas last night. Pretty awesome. Had to basically eat nothing but tuna, egg whites, whey with water and frozen brocolli the rest of the day to fit it in below my 2,000 calorie limit but it was definitely worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
          Had a Grand Angus burger and three chicken dippers from Maccas last night. Pretty awesome. Had to basically eat nothing but tuna, egg whites, whey with water and frozen brocolli the rest of the day to fit it in below my 2,000 calorie limit but it was definitely worth it.
          Thats so awesome you said Maccas. Wasnt sure on the spelling but I work with a dude who comes out from Australia sometimes, he always called it that. Im trying to spread it around but its not catching on outside of my work yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
            Thats so awesome you said Maccas. Wasnt sure on the spelling but I work with a dude who comes out from Australia sometimes, he always called it that. Im trying to spread it around but its not catching on outside of my work yet.
            Yeah, everyone just calls it Maccas here. Thinking of that Angus burger right now. Pretty spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
              Yeah, everyone just calls it Maccas here. Thinking of that Angus burger right now. Pretty spectacular.
              So no matter what foods you eat, along as it no more than 2000 calories a day your losing weight? And do you find it hard keep track with finding just how many calories are in the foods?

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect Plex View Post
                So no matter what foods you eat, along as it no more than 2000 calories a day your losing weight? And do you find it hard keep track with finding just how many calories are in the foods?
                Yeah.

I estimate my maintenance level at about 2,900 calories. I lift 5 times a week and also run 4 miles 5 times a week so I am fairly active and it may be higher than that but I would prefer to underestimate it. Also I have a desk job so aside from my training I don't do a lot of physical activity.

I have found that I lose weight consistently at a rate of 1-2 pounds per week eating 2,000 calories six days per week and then eating at maintenance (2,900 calories) one day a week. The two rules I follow are basically that I get 170g of protein per day and eat 2,000 calories or less (preferably between 1,900 and 2,000). I will be pretty flexible with what foods I am eating as long as I meet these requirements.

For example yesterday I was craving McDonalds - wanted a Grand Angus burger and chicken dippers badly. This meal corresponds to about 920 calories and 65g of protein. To make sure I met my requirements I just tailored what I ate throughout the day to ensure that I could eat that meal, meet my protein intake requirement and also not go over my 2,000 calorie limit.

Also I do not find it hard to keep track of calories. A lot of the foods I eat I eat very regularly and know precisely what is in them. For instance I make an egg white omelette with peppers on a regular basis that I know has 300 calories and 35g of protein. Its easy to get nutritional information for things from places like McDonalds.

This is just one approach to weight loss. I have just found it to be very effective for me.
                Last edited by Dan...; 09-28-2011, 09:11 PM.

Comment

^ good for you bro, i tend to not keep track of my calorie intake..but its no more than 2500~ a day

Comment

I almost never eat junk food. I've never eaten in my life have had anything from McDonald's, Burger King or any fast food restaurant. Every once in a while I'll have a "cheat day" usually on Sundays where I'll have pizza and soda but that's it really. The only times I go a bit overboard are on Thanksgiving and Christmas(don't we all?), but I have made it a lifelong habit of eating clean.

As far as my diet goes, I eat five times a day. My main meals usually consists of brown rice or brown pasta with tuna(sparingly), chicken, or lean beef with a tossed salad of oil and vinegar. My snacks are usually small protein bars that I have in between meals. After my boxing training is when I will eat or drink fast digesting carbs like Gatorade.
                    Last edited by IronBoxer; 09-29-2011, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Calmdown - Who's that in your sig... wow...

Comment

Working...
                      X