No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. Guerrero Will Hit Local Movie Theaters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. Guerrero Will Hit Local Movie Theaters

Centennial, Colo. - Giving fans nationwide ring-side seats from the comfort of their local movie theaters, NCM Fathom Events, Mayweather Promotions, Golden Boy Promotions, SHOWTIME Sports and O'Reilly Auto Parts bring undefeated, Eight-Time and Five Division World Champion Floyd "Money" Mayweather to the big screen once again as he takes on Six-Time and Four Division World Champion Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero.

Mayweather, boxing's pound-for-pound and pay-per-view king, will defend his WBC Welterweight World Championship against Guerrero in an action-packed live broadcast from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. on Saturday, May 4. "May Day: Mayweather vs. Guerrero" will be simulcast to select theaters nationwide at 9:00 p.m. ET / 8:00 p.m. CT / 7:00 p.m. MT / 6:00 p.m. PT / 5:00 p.m. AK / 3:00 p.m. HI. Also featured on the Cinco de Mayo weekend blockbuster line-up will be another explosive match-up featuring WBC Featherweight World Champion Daniel Ponce de Leon making his first title defense against Two-Division World Champion Abner Mares in a 12-round fight. Two additional featured bouts will be announced shortly.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm good with a fight party at the crib.

Comment

Another easy win for Floyd. RG has about a 1% chance and is no theat to Floyd. Big Reward Less Risk...

Comment

I really can't imagine watching a fight in a theater you can't drink in a lot of theaters and I would feel too constrained for watching a fight I'd rather be at my house or a bar type setting unless I'm watching it live.

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
          I really can't imagine watching a fight in a theater you can't drink in a lot of theaters and I would feel too constrained for watching a fight I'd rather be at my house or a bar type setting unless I'm watching it live.
          I know the fight is still a month away, but does anyone have any predictions on if they fight is going to sell? I still see high end tickets available on Ticketmaster and there's not really a big anticipation for this fight on BS.

Comment

Real life and Real time :

The article was a good sale !!

Problems are with the Competition, to the casual fan, it would seem as though Mayweather was SUPERMANG

The competition was either little ,very little, can't pull the trigger, VERY OLD, and Washed up.

What we CAN'T find is a "PRIME ELITE" in the LOT !!!!!! Not in Ten Years has JR fought a PRIME ELITE. LOL

What some of us want to see if JR fight a PRIME ELITE and GUERRERO is that person now , NO EXCUSES !!!!!!

Guerrero looked as if he struggled with the guy before Berto as if he were getting used to the weight from """""""LIGHTWEIGHT""""""", WOW !! But, he looked good against a tough strong FAST hard hitting BERTO.

I will bite down and say that Guerrero is a Prime Elite WW.

I hope the fight doesn't end on a cut or butt, or cheap shot from an elbow or some crazy stuff.

Many think this is a washover again for JR, I however Jack, will NEVER go for JR until he proves himself to me by fighting a strong Elite that has skills, Power , smarts and STAMINA to fight as strong in round 12 as in round 1. Guerrero fits that bill today.

By the way , a prime ODH would have Ruined JR and you would never even talk of him again.

Jr NEEDS the EDGE and looks for that in fighters.

Coralles was in deep trouble in everyway so JR jumped on that.

Hatton couldn't fight WW, looked horrible so JR JUMPED on that

JMM was so so small and his style, its not even worth typing yet JR couldn't put the small man he cheated on in weight away, proving Jr is lacking something.

etc............

Somebody has to get by his skills to find his heart and see if that is the REASON that he is adamant in needing the edge before he fights them. Guerrero can do that, we will see.

Guerrero to win by a beat down or KO and if Guerrero can get deep into Jr's heart he can make him QUIT on his stool with his head hanging down like his UNC ROG did with Chavez

Comment

Originally posted by Gera View Post
              I know the fight is still a month away, but does anyone have any predictions on if they fight is going to sell? I still see high end tickets available on Ticketmaster and there's not really a big anticipation for this fight on BS.
              What fight on BS has there been big anticipation for that involves Mayweather????? Majority of the posters here hate Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                Another easy win for Floyd. RG has about a 1% chance and is no theat to Floyd. Big Reward Less Risk...
                Its amazing how we see things different mang !!

I suppose you won't watch this sorry fight ?

Can you name ONE prime elite WW that JR has fought in the past ten years ?

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                  Its amazing how we see things different mang !!

I suppose you won't watch this sorry fight ?

Can you name ONE prime elite WW that JR has fought in the past ten years ?
                  I can't. I can also say the same thing about Pacquiao, the only prime fighter I can give him credit for at WW is Cotto...

1. Shane Mosley (Old as dust)
                  2. Antonio Margarito (old as dust)
                  3. Marquez (Old but seems to have Pacs number)
                  4. Tim Bradley (but technically he did not win)
                  5. Delahoya (old as dust)

The only fighters I give Pac credit for is, Cotto and maybe Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                    Real life and Real time :

The article was a good sale !!

Problems are with the Competition, to the casual fan, it would seem as though Mayweather was SUPERMANG

The competition was either little ,very little, can't pull the trigger, VERY OLD, and Washed up.

What we CAN'T find is a "PRIME ELITE" in the LOT !!!!!! Not in Ten Years has JR fought a PRIME ELITE. LOL

What some of us want to see if JR fight a PRIME ELITE and GUERRERO is that person now , NO EXCUSES !!!!!!

Guerrero looked as if he struggled with the guy before Berto as if he were getting used to the weight from """""""LIGHTWEIGHT""""""", WOW !! But, he looked good against a tough strong FAST hard hitting BERTO.

I will bite down and say that Guerrero is a Prime Elite WW.

I hope the fight doesn't end on a cut or butt, or cheap shot from an elbow or some crazy stuff.

Many think this is a washover again for JR, I however Jack, will NEVER go for JR until he proves himself to me by fighting a strong Elite that has skills, Power , smarts and STAMINA to fight as strong in round 12 as in round 1. Guerrero fits that bill today.

By the way , a prime ODH would have Ruined JR and you would never even talk of him again.

Jr NEEDS the EDGE and looks for that in fighters.

Coralles was in deep trouble in everyway so JR jumped on that.

Hatton couldn't fight WW, looked horrible so JR JUMPED on that

JMM was so so small and his style, its not even worth typing yet JR couldn't put the small man he cheated on in weight away, proving Jr is lacking something.

etc............

Somebody has to get by his skills to find his heart and see if that is the REASON that he is adamant in needing the edge before he fights them. Guerrero can do that, we will see.

Guerrero to win by a beat down or KO and if Guerrero can get deep into Jr's heart he can make him QUIT on his stool with his head hanging down like his UNC ROG did with Chavez
                    Uncle Rog, knew he was about to be put to sleep AGAIN, by JCC;
                    so Quitting seemed like the right thing to do!!!
                    Lil FRAUD saw both fights, and he knows he must AVOID,
                    The Big Punchers, to keep the precious 0!!!
                    the Ghost will bring Hurt; so let's hope BOY shows up, on May4!!!
                    Last edited by jbpanama; 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X