Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Klitschko vs. Mormeck & undercards RbR discussion thread...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Klitschko vs. Mormeck & undercards RbR discussion thread...

by Cliff Rold - Take nothing for granted.

Friday morning, fight fans eyes were opened by a headline few expected. Longtime Flyweight stalwart Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, reigning for the second time as the lineal king of the division, was stopped in six rounds by journeyman Sonny Boy Jaro in six rounds. The 2012 race for Upset of the Year will have more candidates.

Jaro-Wonjongkam just opened a massive lead.

When signed, the fight had been largely derided as time wasted by a potential Hall of Famer in his twilight. It turned out twilight had already passed him by.

It’s an intriguing result when contrasted with what is to come on Saturday. Almost 36, Wladimir Klitschko reigns as the lineal Heavyweight king. Given his age and entering his sixtieth professional contest, Klitschko’s best days may soon be behind him.

Across the ring, he has a former Cruiserweight king no one is giving a chance. Can lightning strike twice on the same weekend?

Well…

Let’s go to the report card. [Click Here To Read More]
    Klitschko by knockout
    81.48%
    Klitschko by decision
    3.70%
    Mormeck by knockout
    7.41%
    Mormeck by decision
    7.41%
    Draw
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Roldie, Roldie, Roldie. . . SHAME on you! Wladimir Klitschko is an A- speed (as evinced by how fast he looked against David Haye, who is an A+ speed @ HW. See below comparison with Eddie Chambers as well),

A+ power (as evinced by his one shot n drop power, and KO ratio),

B+ might be OK for defense (how many times does he get hit in a fight? He relies more on foot speed and ability to clinch on the inside rather than "sweet scientific" defense),

and DEFINITELY AN A+ for intangibles (he knows exactly what to do, and how to do it to win a fight). How many rounds has he lost in the past 5 years?
    Last edited by UglyPug; 03-03-2012, 03:17 AM.

Comment

What do you mean by "drum solo"? First round KO? Or just a devastating, exciting KO in general? Cause last time I checked he straight cold ****ed Eddie Chambers with a phantom left hook. . . Another point of comparison in that fight: Chambers is fleet of hand and foot, and Wladimir matched him tit for tat in speed department, especially foot speed. . .

ROLDIE, I've always sensed that you have that old school HW mentality, and you simply refuse to recognize greatness in the Klitschkos. You try to downplay them, and be underhand slick about hating on them!

Quick note on Vitali. HIGHEST KO RATIO of all time. Not this time, that time, part-time, or full-time. . . BUT OF ALL TIME (Mayweather Sr. cited). . . He has "LOST", BUT HE HAS NEVER BEEN "BEATEN"!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        What do you mean by "drum solo"? First round KO? Or just a devastating, exciting KO in general? Cause last time I checked he straight cold ****ed Eddie Chambers with a phantom left hook. . . Another point of comparison in that fight: Chambers is fleet of hand and foot, and Wladimir matched him tit for tat in speed department, especially foot speed. . .

ROLDIE, I've always sensed that you have that old school HW mentality, and you simply refuse to recognize greatness in the Klitschkos. You try to downplay them, and be underhand slick about hating on them!

Quick note on Vitali. HIGHEST KO RATIO of all time. Not this time, that time, part-time, or full-time. . . BUT OF ALL TIME (Mayweather Sr. cited). . . He has "LOST", BUT HE HAS NEVER BEEN "BEATEN"!!!!
        Chambers was a turgid, boring fight for the most part. What I mean is a night where he comes out and just walks through a dude early. This is a night where he can do that.

And, if you're older than 14, you probably shouldn't use the word 'hating' or 'hater.'

Comment

Vitali's last UD win dropped him just under Marciano. I only know that because I saw it in someone's sig in another post.

Comment

Roldie, Roldie, Roldie. . . SHAME on you! Wladimir Klitschko is an A- speed (as evinced by how fast he looked against David Haye, who is an A+ speed @ HW. See below comparison with Eddie Chambers as well),

A+ power (as evinced by his one shot n drop power, and KO ratio),

B+ might be OK for defense (how many times does he get hit in a fight? He relies more on foot speed and ability to clinch on the inside rather than "sweet scientific" defense),

and DEFINITELY AN A+ for intangibles (he knows exactly what to do, and how to do it to win a fight). How many rounds has he lost in the past 5 years?
            You're right on the power. Just me typing too fast there. I don't think he's quite A range for speed; he gets to target quick, but he also great reach.

And he doesn't just have the ability to clinch; it's his number one defensive weapon and he gets away with it to excess in some fights (oddly, not Peter II where Peter was holding on for a long period because he couldn't do anything else).

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              Chambers was a turgid, boring fight for the most part. What I mean is a night where he comes out and just walks through a dude early. This is a night where he can do that.

And, if you're older than 14, you probably shouldn't use the word 'hating' or 'hater.'

Sometimes cliches, however hackneyed, annoying, or immature they may be, are the most accurate way to describe something!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                Vitali's last UD win dropped him just under Marciano. I only know that because I saw it in someone's sig in another post.
                Haha you're right. . I caught that after I had just got done editing my signature applying Mayweather Sr.'s quote to the subject. Had to quickly remove it of course!

Fear not, Vitali will soon capture it back. . . Vitali has lost, but he has still never been beaten.

Comment

Sometimes cliches, however hackneyed, annoying, or immature they may be, are the most accurate way to describe something!
                  Many times it's just a way of saying 'you didn't blow enough smoke up the arse of my fave."

Comment

Haha you're right. . I caught that after I had just got done editing my signature applying Mayweather Sr.'s quote to the subject. Had to quickly remove it of course!

Fear not, Vitali will soon capture it back. . . Vitali has lost, but he has still never been beaten.
                    Strangely, he's not anywhere near as big a puncher as his KO rate suggests. Says a lot about how hard a night gets when a 250 lb. man lands in high volume. Gotta' be sore in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                    X