No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Canelo Alvarez on Mayweather, Weight, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Canelo Alvarez on Mayweather, Weight, More

Bill Emes catches up with WBC/WBA junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez to discuss his upcoming fight with the pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. on September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Canelo talks about strategy, making the fight, the catch-weight of 152-pounds and more. [Click Here To Read More]

Floyd is smart for taking this fight while Canelo is still quite green.
    UD Mayweather 116-112

Comment

Originally posted by Boskop View Post
      UD Mayweather 116-112
      I agree,the only big fight canelo has ever had was against trout and that was a close one..i think canelo needed to face more young,experienced fighters before he faced mayweather,atleast three more opponents with the style that trout has

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        I agree,the only big fight canelo has ever had was against trout and that was a close one..i think canelo needed to face more young,experienced fighters before he faced mayweather,atleast three more opponents with the style that trout has
        The more he would wait, the less the win would mean. He's acting bravely. Not like some coward who would try to make it easier... The greats were already great at 23. Let's see what he has.

Comment

If Canelo is smart, he will come in at 154.

If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander. Mayweather did it to Marquez, let's see the shoe on the other foot. F the catch weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boskop View Post
            UD Mayweather 116-112
            Yea I agree, but at the same time, something had to give.

If Mayweather hypothetically fought canelo as his 5th and last fight possibly 2 years from now, he may be leaning past his prime whereas canelo would be peaking towards it.

Either way, I think it'll be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
              The more he would wait, the less the win would mean. He's acting bravely. Not like some coward who would try to make it easier... The greats were already great at 23. Let's see what he has.
              the fact is he's still not experienced enough,he would have waited yeah mayweathe is older,but canelo has only faced one figher who was young and a pretty good boxer,trout,maybe the greats were great at 23,but I wonder if they already were prepared,i don't think canelo is,i still think he needed to take 2 or 3 more fights

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                the fact is he's still not experienced enough,he would have waited yeah mayweathe is older,but canelo has only faced one figher who was young and a pretty good boxer,trout,maybe the greats were great at 23,but I wonder if they already were prepared,i don't think canelo is,i still think he needed to take 2 or 3 more fights
                I agree i honestly taught canelo neded 2-3 more fights he look tired from fighting at a fast pace against trout but them trout is tall and has a good work rate pbf does not so dont think canelo would be really tired.

Comment

I disagree. The experince should easily be cancled out by his 20 pound advantage

Comment

Conan O'Brien

Comment

Working...
                    X