No announcement yet.

Donaire would UTTERLY OUTCLASS & possibly OBLITERATE Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaire would UTTERLY OUTCLASS & possibly OBLITERATE Rigondeaux

I dont think he has a chance at all to be honest.

Both are great boxers with a slight edge to Rigo's more fundamentally sound style. Athleticism is a slight edge to Donaire. Size is a big advantage to Donaire who is 5'6-5'7 68 inch reach compared to Rigo's 5'4-5'5 frame with 66 inch reach. Chin is clearly advantage to Donaire who has faced big puncher Darchinyan and took his shots very well as oppose to Rigo who was stunned/hurt a couple of times vs Marroquin. Speed is about even. Experience clearly goes to Donaire. Amateur is not the same as professional. Rigo has not faced the same caliber of opponents as Donaire has.

Another big factor is age. Rigo is 32. Considering he is cuban he might be closer to 35. Donaire is only 29 and in the middle of his prime. Donaire's best punch is the counter left hook. Rigo got hurt/stunned a couple times by Marroquin's left hook.

I just dont see how Rigo is going to beat donaire.

I find it truly laughable that a Top 5 p4p fighter, 4 division champion, with KO of the years vs two other top 10 p4p fighters, would be afraid of a 11 win fighter whose best name on his resume is Marroquin and Cordoba.

Its Rigondeaux who has to prove himself to be worthy to step in the ring with Donaire not the other way around.

Gonna be lot's of hate in this thread. They just watched Donaire KO Nishioka but they'd rather shift the focus on him fighting the "greatest amateur of all time."

Comment

But Donaire is not excited enough...

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

Both are great boxers with a slight edge to Rigo's more fundamentally sound style. Athleticism is a slight edge to Donaire. Size is a big advantage to Donaire who is 5'6-5'7 68 inch reach compared to Rigo's 5'4-5'5 frame with 66 inch reach. Chin is clearly advantage to Donaire who has faced big puncher Darchinyan and took his shots very well as oppose to Rigo who was stunned/hurt a couple of times vs Marroquin. Speed is about even. Experience clearly goes to Donaire. Amateur is not the same as professional. Rigo has not faced the same caliber of opponents as Donaire has.

Another big factor is age. Rigo is 32. Considering he is cuban he might be closer to 35. Donaire is only 29 and in the middle of his prime. Donaire's best punch is the counter left hook. Rigo got hurt/stunned a couple times by Marroquin's left hook.

I find it truly laughable that a Top 5 p4p fighter, 4 division champion, with KO of the years vs two other top 10 p4p fighters, would be afraid of a 11 win fighter whose best name on his resume is Marroquin and Cordoba.

Its Rigondeaux who has to prove himself to be worthy to step in the ring with Donaire not the other way around.
        Very well said.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
          Gonna be lot's of hate in this thread. They just watched Donaire KO Nishioka but they'd rather shift the focus on him fighting the "greatest amateur of all time."

Comment

you don't see how rigo can beat donaire but donaire sees.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
              You thought Nishioka was a world beater at this point? Pretty pathetic, I was wrong. I thought Donny would take him out in five.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                But Donaire is not excited enough...
                who would be excited with a 11 win fighter whose best name on his resume is marroquin and cordoba with zero fan base?

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

News flash buddy. Darchinyan is MUCH smaller than Rigo... Not even in the same league in terms of power.

Comment

awww yea, imaginary matchup time.

Comment

Working...
                    X