Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    1-you are the one who wanted 168

2-you even wanted to fight in the super 6

stop making excuses
    You mean he wanted $$$?

Shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
      I like Dawson. He went to ward and lost and took it as a learning experience instead of *****ing. I hope He makes a good comeback
      Man he quit in the ring, the same thing he said Bhop did. This is coming from someone who roots for Chad.

Comment

By: Charles Indriolo : Champion and top light heavyweight ‘Bad’ Chad Dawson (29-0, 17 KOs) is set for a title bout against Jean Pascal in August, however he’s already looking ahead; ahead to moving down in weight.
        Dawson, who’s held many titles at light heavy, feels the division lacks depth and intrigue amongst fans.

Translation: there aren’t many big money fights for him to partake in. Now Dawson is considering a move down in weight to super middle, a division loaded with big name talent. “There is more competition at 168,” Dawson told BoxingScene.com’s Ernest Gabion. “There are more guys who are my age.” The competition at 168 is fierce and full of big name opponents. Carl Froch, Andre Ward, Lucien Bute, Mikkel Kessler, Arthur Abraham, Kelly Pavlik and Andre Dirrell are just a sample of the quality fighters in the division.

Dawson plans to wait until Showtime’s Super Six tournament is over before moving down in weight. He says he would like to challenge the winner. However, other potential opponents such as Lucien Bute and Kelly Pavlik are not included in the Super Six and our options.

The Super Six tournament won’t conclude until early next year. Regardless of his opponent, Dawson seems poised to move down in weight.

“There are more guys who are physically strong and match up evenly with me as opposed to the guys in the light heavyweight division, but we\'ll see what happens. We\'ll see what happens with that tournament and hopefully the winner of that tournament is willing to take a fight with me,” Dawson told Gabion.

Comment

OAKLAND — One of the biggest questions leading into Saturday night’s super middleweight title fight between Andre Ward and Chad Dawson (9:45 pm, HBO) will be settled on Friday, when Dawson, a longtime 175-pounder, steps on the scale and attempts to make 168 pounds for the first time since 2006.

At Thursday’s final press conference, Dawson — who told SI.com he weighed 170-pounds this morning — claimed he would have no trouble coming in on-weight.

“I’ll make the weight, no problem,” Dawson said. “I’m still eating. I told everyone I could make 168. I wasn’t saying it to sell a fight, I was saying it because I can do it. We have talked about moving to 168 for the last few years. When I finally had the opportunity to do it, I did it.”

Dawson credits an altered diet for his ability to slim down effectively

“The only difference is that I’m not able to eat what I want,” Dawson said. “Before, I would eat steak, mashed potatoes, burgers. Now I’m on a good nutrition plan. I’m eating vegetables, fish, and chicken. I feel a lot faster, a lot stronger.”

Ward said he has not thought about what will happen should Dawson come in overweight.

“There will be some ramifications,” Ward said. “But we haven’t even discussed it. There will be more money [going to me]. But it’s not really something I’m dwelling on.”

Ward’s trainer, Virgil Hunter, said that because of the money involved for both fighters, the fight will go on even if Dawson comes in heavy.

“The belts will come off the line and there will be a certain weight he can’t go over [on Saturday], but it will go on,” Hunter said. “Honestly, if he came in over, I wouldn’t be surprised. When you look at the demeanor of the people around him compared to earlier, they look different. They are concerned about something. They would have to throw us some money, but the fight will go on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Man he quit in the ring, the same thing he said Bhop did. This is coming from someone who roots for Chad.
            Yeah i was so mad that day. But he was getting beat pretty bad so i can't really blame him. I hated ward that night lol

Comment

Training is going good. I am already down to 178 pounds. 175 isn't my real weight. I don't have to diet to make weight. I would come into training camp at 185 pounds without having to diet or anything. I didn't have to watch what I ate. Now I eat smaller portions. Before I would eat steak and potatoes. I feel faster and stronger at this weight," Dawson explained.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                amazing how he claims he was drained now aint it..so was he lying before??or is he lying now???lol

Comment

What an idiot. If that is the case ( that he didn't make the weight comfortably), and I don't doubt it...it's one of those situations where you just put your foot in your mouth and move on.

You can't talk for the months leading up to the fight about how the weight isn't going to affect you, and then use it as an excuse after the fight, whether it did end up affecting him or not.

Go back to fighting 40+ year old men. What a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                    amazing how he claims he was drained now aint it..so was he lying before??or is he lying now???lol
                    Who knows. I just don't understand why it is so hard for boxers nowadays to admit they were beat by another guy, because he is better; or at least was better on that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      That's obvious. Next time don't hang yourself on national tv. Call him out without giving up your weight advantage. Call me, I'll negotiate for you bro.

lol, no offense bro, but you would be the worst manager of all time.

Comment

Working...
                      X