No announcement yet.

Actions Outside Ring Influence U?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Really? So you're fine with a sporting personality getting paid, sometimes very big money, by the people watching him, even though he might be a murderer, rapist, drug dealer, woman beater, robber, criminal, whatever etc?

Or, taking it a step further, would you happily sit by not giving a **** about another persons actions while they robbed some old lady or beat up some poor woman? Of course you wouldn't...or maybe you would, which is why you're saying that **** above.

It some cases it should have an impact and if you don't care whether they are scum and should be put behind bars, then it's actually you who are the clown mate.

If it's just about whether asking your dad for a comb on TV, well, I'm gonna think the guy is clearly a complete ****, and entirely deserving of scorn, but maybe you don't.
    Don't change the argument; I could care less what a athlete does in a there personal and lie I said if you do you are personally a loser at life. I don't need
    a role model. Would I let a child or a old lady get beat up in front of me nope.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
      Don't change the argument; I could care less what a athlete does in a there personal and lie I said if you do you are personally a loser at life. I don't need
      a role model. Would I let a child or a old lady get beat up in front of me nope.
      I think you meant couldn't care less. And what you said after that didn't even make sense.

Comment

depends on what you mean by outside the ring. i like to see guys who work hard and are dedicated to boxing win, i dont care for slackers who dont train at all between fights and get fat. i also like to see fighters who are good for boxing win, who want the tough fights even if its high risk low reward.

i really dont care how a fighters personality is, there are only a few exceptions. i dont like ppl who act fake as hell, a few fighters influenced me by being nice too but thats even more rare.

im all about the boxing. most ppl are, they will claim personality matters when they go on about how they dislike a certain fighter. then completely ignore it if a fighter they like does the same thing.

look at all the ppl going on and on about mayweather being a wifebeater based on one incident that might not even have happened. then you have guys like gatti and leonard who beat their wives on a regular basis and it gets overlooked completely. i like gatti and leonard, im not bashing them. im just saying ppl set double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          depends on what you mean by outside the ring. i like to see guys who work hard and are dedicated to boxing win, i dont care for slackers who dont train at all between fights and get fat. i also like to see fighters who are good for boxing win, who want the tough fights even if its high risk low reward.

i really dont care how a fighters personality is, there are only a few exceptions. i dont like ppl who act fake as hell, a few fighters influenced me by being nice too but thats even more rare.

im all about the boxing. most ppl are, they will claim personality matters when they go on about how they dislike a certain fighter. then completely ignore it if a fighter they like does the same thing.

look at all the ppl going on and on about mayweather being a wifebeater based on one incident that might not even have happened. then you have guys like gatti and leonard who beat their wives on a regular basis and it gets overlooked completely. i like gatti and leonard, im not bashing them. im just saying ppl set double standards.
          this is why floyd fans are seen as the worst fanbase. delusional.

his kids tried to call 911...his own damn kids, and you say it never happened... wow

Comment

I follow/watch fighters for the skills they posses and for doing what they do best, FIGHT!

Not because of what they do outside the ring or how much class they have. This ain't church, you want class? Join a ministry or become a nun.

Comment

Monzon was a complete sociopath and monster yet you don't hear people raving on about the atrocious things he did outside the ring like Mayweather. It's all selective, it's Human Nature.

Comment

People do care even if they say they don't. If a fighter attended a Klan rally do you think he would have many black fans thereafter? Would a muslim fighter who said America deserves to perish have many American fans?

With there being rape, animal abuse, wife-beating, murder, drug-taking, pedophilia, reckless driving, and so on, there is something out there to alienate everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                  People do care even if they say they don't. If a fighter attended a Klan rally do you think he would have many black fans thereafter? Would a muslim fighter who said America deserves to perish have many American fans?
                  Just say you don't like black people.

Comment

I love watching Monzon but I can't say he's a favourite because he was an aggressive wife beater who eventually threw his significant other from a balcony.

I don't care about minor things like Broner just generally being annoying, it's serious stuff like domestic violence and murder that makes me dislike a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post

With there being rape, animal abuse, wife-beating, murder, drug-taking, pedophilia, reckless driving, and so on, there is something out there to alienate everyone.
                      Muhammad Ali went to a Klan rally and preached segregation.

Comment

Working...
                      X