No announcement yet.

Will Canelo stick to his guns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Can't say I understand what you're trying to say... Or I'm just too tired.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Just means that even as things change, the same stuff still happens.

Comment

I was thinking of Mares too or the other dude, De La Cruz?

You mean Leo Santa Cruz??

It would be a great idea for GBP to show how much they care about Mares by putting him in the co-main event position against Terrazas. That's how you show loyalty to one of your biggest assets.

Comment

I wonder if matchmakers sit around and brain-storm like fans do about creating PPV cards. With some of the stuff that gets finalized, I wonder just how much thought they put into creating a respectable under-card.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360
          Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

I was thinking of Mares too or the other dude, De La Cruz?

You mean Leo Santa Cruz??

It would be a great idea for GBP to show how much they care about Mares by putting him in the co-main event position against Terrazas. That's how you show loyalty to one of your biggest assets.
          Santa Cruz... Yea I'm definitely out of it. Been a while since I stayed up this late lol. But yea with Mares threatening to leave, they should.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981
            Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Can't say I understand what you're trying to say... Or I'm just too tired.

Just means that even as things change, the same stuff still happens.
            Gotcha now, that's very true.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360
              I wonder if matchmakers sit around and brain-storm like fans do about creating PPV cards. With some of the stuff that gets finalized, I wonder just how much thought they put into creating a respectable under-card.
              You would think they don't really brainstorm.

Comment

Santa Cruz... Yea I'm definitely out of it. Been a while since I stayed up this late lol. But yea with Mares threatening to leave, they should.

And Mares probably wouldn't ask for as much money as Canelo would either. Mares/Terrazas, Broner/Beltran, and Figueroa/Katsidis would be an impenetrable under-card imho.

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
                  i hope he does, i would love to see what kind of a draw floyd does with a mediocre card.

Yeah, it will do 100k buys. It's really his opponents selling the PPV's and not Floyd

Comment

We all know Floyd doesn't want to fight Canelo. Floyd ain't guaranteeing jack **** to Canelo, puto you're too good and you're not coming up from 140lb's

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      Word around the boxing game is that Canelo is holding up the Floyd-Guerrero announcement as he is refusing to be on the undercard ("or co main event") unless he has a written guarantee for a Mayweather shot in September.

If true I think its a good move. I don't think Floyd ever intends to step in the ring with a young gun like Canelo. What does he have to lose. He either gets his guarantee or headlines another card at a later date.
                      Say what you want about his record, most of it is valid, but this guy is no head case like Victor Ortiz. Canelo would pose a physical threat that Floyd hasn't seen in a long time.
                      Do you think he will hold fast on this demand or do you think he is just bluffing?
                      Canelo wants Mayweather to fight him NOW. His team knows September is just a date Mayweather can cancel at his whim. Who can blame them? Anyone who believes Floyd would fight four months after his next fight is a fool.

If he has to fight in the Floyd/Guerrero as an undercard fighter for little money, he might as well fight on a separate date where he can control the terms of the fight as the main card. Makes sense. Mayweather will never fight Canelo, anyway, win or lose in his next fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X