Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BScene’s 2012 Year End Awards: Robbery Of the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley-Pacquiao was a fight that could have been scored 7-5 either way. It exposed compubox's punchstats for its inaccuracy and shed a light on harold lederman's inability to judge a fight. Abril-Rios was just as controversial if not more. Hopefully Bradley can recover from the aftermath of this. Seems scumbag bob is trying to force a peterson rematch despite bradley turning him down already. bob is keeping bradley as the odd man out. 2 years is a long time to have on a contract. bradley would have been better served with golden boy but in the long run this will hurt top rank. there won't be a lot of guys from 140-154 signing up with top rank that aren't already there. they see what's happening with bradley. no elite level fighter should have to settle for a weak rematch after a career defining (even if controversial) win. guys like alvarado and rios might like it at top rank because they get the chance to feast on lesser opponents but a guy like bradley is just wasting away years where he could be fighting the likes of guerrero, berto, khan, maidana, mayweather, ortiz, garcia, matthysse. i highly doubt bradley re-ups with arum in 2 years. arum will lose a valuable commodity in one of the premier divisions of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
      Bradley-Pacquiao was a fight that could have been scored 7-5 either way.

Comment

Bradley-Pacquiao was a fight that could have been scored 7-5 either way. It exposed compubox's punchstats for its inaccuracy and shed a light on harold lederman's inability to judge a fight. Abril-Rios was just as controversial if not more. Hopefully Bradley can recover from the aftermath of this. Seems scumbag bob is trying to force a peterson rematch despite bradley turning him down already. bob is keeping bradley as the odd man out. 2 years is a long time to have on a contract. bradley would have been better served with golden boy but in the long run this will hurt top rank. there won't be a lot of guys from 140-154 signing up with top rank that aren't already there. they see what's happening with bradley. no elite level fighter should have to settle for a weak rematch after a career defining (even if controversial) win. guys like alvarado and rios might like it at top rank because they get the chance to feast on lesser opponents but a guy like bradley is just wasting away years where he could be fighting the likes of guerrero, berto, khan, maidana, mayweather, ortiz, garcia, matthysse. i highly doubt bradley re-ups with arum in 2 years. arum will lose a valuable commodity in one of the premier divisions of boxing.
        It's not just Lederman, it's everybody. Notice the number of reputable ringside guys that scored it wider than 117-111:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ma...imothy_Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          Cloud vs Campillo was more one sided than PAC vs Bradley, I think you're totally wrong here Jake.
          I disagree, I think this was closer on the cards on account of that 10-7 1st round. Crystal clear though, but Pac Bradley and Rios Abril were wider on consensus scoring. None of them touches Casa JASC though.

Comment

No one expected Pacquiao to be robbed in this fight. No one. It's robbery of the year pretty much because of that.

Comment

This was haerdly a robbery. There were many other fights last year that could have gone down as robbery of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                Cloud vs Campillo was more one sided than PAC vs Bradley, I think you're totally wrong here Jake.
                For the 1000th fvkin' time....AS VOTED BY BOXINGSCENE.COM STAFF

We go through this every damn year. The entire staff votes. Cliff and I split the number of write-ups. That simple.

Try to remember it next year so I don't have to go through this **** anymore.

Comment

At worst, Bradley-Pacquiao was 7-5 for Pacquiao, I had it a draw from the time I saw it live, and still till this day.

I agree with every one else, Campillo-Cloud was the worst robbery of 2012. And I would actually rank Adamek-Cunningham worst than Pac-Bradley.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      No one expected Pacquiao to be robbed in this fight. No one. It's robbery of the year pretty much because of that.
                      glad it happend because what they did to maquez. then marquez got revenge by putting him to sleep. 2012 was a great year for boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X