No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pavlik's Mananger: Kelly's Career is Up in The Air

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pavlik's Mananger: Kelly's Career is Up in The Air

Cameron Dunkin, manager of former WBC and WBO middleweight king Kelly Pavlik (36-2, 32 KOs), outlined what is on the landscape for Pavlik, who will be released from an alcohol rehabilitation facility on Tuesday. The 28-year-old resident of Youngstown, Ohio, will be released on Tuesday from the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, Calif., after having been admitted for an alcohol problem on Nov. 4.

[Click Here To Read More]

man, best of luck kelly.

Hopefully he can lick his wounds, get it together and get back in the ring. I don't think he realizes how much people love watching him fight.

Comment

imma drank one for ya kelley

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        man, best of luck kelly.

Hopefully he can lick his wounds, get it together and get back in the ring. I don't think he realizes how much people love watching him fight.
        Yeah Kelly can fight, I get the vibe he always had an alcohol problem and that it's affected his training camps and last few fights. His determination in the first Taylor fight was unbelievable and inspiring. I hope he beats his demons and rediscovers his passion for boxing.

Comment

I hope he's made enough that he's not forced back to boxing. If he wants to come back, that's great. If he wants to take a break then find a job, that's great too.

Comment

It's a damn shame!!! This guys should move out of Ohio and just train to get his body back into shape....

Comment

come on kelly fix ureself first then come back if you want

Comment

Just sad...

Hopefully he gets his life in order. I'd hate to see him keep fighting just to make sure the bills are paid. Hopefully for his sake he's made some good investments.

Comment

Kelly has just barely hit the tip of the iceberg in the uphill battle of recovery in alchoholism. He's been sheltered in rehab for the last month and a half. Now, he's gonna have to deal with real life in the outside world and changing everything he's been used to doing. I can't imagine how hard it's gonna be for him to have to come out, deal with reporters and hearing about all the things that have been printed about him, and with all the opinions about what he should do with his career, while he's been "gone".

Best of luck Kelly. Hopefully you can concentrate on staying sober one day at a time, get a good group of supportive & sober people in your life - and then when you get settled in and adjusted life without alchohol, find out if you really want to continue on in the world of boxing. LG/LG

Comment

Whats the point of quitting booze unless you're going to go back to boxing?

Comment

Working...
                    X