Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Roy Jones Call That Maidana Punch Or What?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy is good but his accent sounds southern to me didnt know they talk like that in Florida.

Comment

He was the only one that called the right hand. Lampley was too busy cheerleading, Hope he stays in the commentating game along with Tarver.

Comment

He's awesome. He puts Lewis to shame. The Gatti-Mayweather fight, he was play by play-ing the fight and breaking it down that even the casual fans (which I was at the time of the fight) could understand, and I did. Even with the Pac-Morales I fight, he was talking about how Morales was putting Pac in his place in front of his people and taking him out of the fight and that it was swaaying in Morales' favor. Merchant tries to dismiss by saying in his token drunken tone, "well its too early in the fight" and Jones tell him that if he ever boxed, he would know how it felt. theres a YT vid out there.

Comment

Loved how he was pronouncing Khan as 'Khun'. And of course the classic 'axe'. Jones knows his stuff though.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            he sure did.

I like how he says "Khan"
            he says cun. i like it too.

he damn sure called it.

best color announcer i ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
              Roy is good but his accent sounds southern to me didnt know they talk like that in Florida.
              north florida=south georgia or south alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                he sure did.

I like how he says "Khan"

i like how he says 'incenAtives'

'maidana has extra incenatives in this fight'

WAR ROY

Comment

He was simply fantastic on Saturday. It was almost like he took an extra class in broadcasting, because he was clearer and more precise than before in my opinion. And there was less bickering with Larry.

I hope he stays on for the big fights. He also said Khan would be just fine to get through round 11 if he boxed, when Lampley wasn't so sure. I thought Khan would be crucified that round.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    He was the only one that called the right hand. Lampley was too busy cheerleading, Hope he stays in the commentating game along with Tarver.

its crazy how on one network is Roy doing the color commentary and on a rival network,at the same time, milk dud was doing the same

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
                      i like how he says 'incenAtives'

'maidana has extra incenatives in this fight'

WAR ROY
                      LOOOOOOL thank you for reminding me of this, cracking up here.

Comment

Working...
                      X