Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I doubt Ward will get that big money fight in Europe.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still butthurt after the Kessler beatdown. Let it go, let it go. He will get big paydays because for most top fighters, being number 1 goes a long way.

Comment

Comment

Ward will never fight outside of the states

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Kessler and Froch got like 2 million each for their rematch. Ward is already getting paid that much on HBO to fight against the Edwin Rodriguez level. What incentive does he have to travel? Froch and Kessler would have to take a ridiculous pay cut.
          That's really not going to last much longer though is it with these kind of fights?.

That small arena was barely half full.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Ward haters:

Froch fans
            Kessler fans
            Abraham fans
            And a few Floyd fans that got upset because of their mini back and forth

What's funny is boxing fans caring more about how much money each guy makes than their actual skills in the ring. Sound like some female gold diggers.

"Girl I like Carl Froch. He makes money and can make me popular and help my career"

holy sh#t

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
              That's really not going to last much longer though is it with these kind of fights?.

gate money has very little to do with the purses these guys make. they make their money from the networks buying and broadcasting their fights, and ward does well in ratings on HBO.

ward's actually a pretty decent local draw in oakland. he can sell 10K seats at a decent price . i know you brits literalyl can't understand this, but california is a huge place. it's a six or seven hour drive from oakland to ontario california. it's probably around 500 miles. you're almost better off getting on a plane.
              Last edited by New England; 11-17-2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

You do realize live gates mean very little to majority of fights? A full arena of that venue might do tops 300,000 dollars. HBO really isn't going to sweat it if Ward is drawing small crowds, just as long as he wins, and his ratings are strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  You do realize live gates mean very little to majority of fights? A full arena of that venue might do tops 300,000 dollars. HBO really isn't going to sweat it if Ward is drawing small crowds, just as long as he wins, and his ratings are strong.
                  Obviously i am aware HBO pay a licence fee.

HBO is sweating it because they turned down quite a few of the chimney sweeps Ward wanted to fight.

Interest in Ward fights is at an all time low and even more people will have been turned off by this.

So like i said this 1.9 million for fighting club fighters will not hold up.

Comment

Obviously i am aware HBO pay a licence fee.

HBO is sweating it because they turned down quite a few of the chimney sweeps Ward wanted to fight.

Interest in Ward fights is at an all time low and even more people will have been turned off by this.

So like i said this 1.9 million for fighting club fighters will not hold up.

you are so butthurt, dog.

holy guacamole. just move to america, dude. we are better.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      you are so butthurt, dog.

holy guacamole. just move to america, dude. we are better.
                      What are you talking about?.

Comment

Working...
                      X