No announcement yet.

Is it classed as cheating if...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it classed as cheating if...

You take PEDs if your a snooker player/darts player/bowls player?

It should be but it isnt

Comment

I know people who say they are better at snooker when they are stoned, and people have been banned for smoking weed in snooker before. Not a traditional PED granted.

No idea if darts or bowls players are tested though

Comment

Not sure about bowls but I believe snooker players & darts players are submitted to random drug testing.

I am sure I seen a magazine that a snooker player was fined & banned for a positive drug test not so long back.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Not sure about bowls but I believe snooker players & darts players are submitted to random drug testing.

I am sure I seen a magazine that a snooker player was fined & banned for a positive drug test not so long back.
          only 2 i can think of atm in snooker is fat boy Stephen Lee getting banned and the rocket Ronnie O'Sullivan being stripped of a title (dunno if he was banned or not) for testing postivie for weed. Havent followed the sport in quite a while though and both those are years ago.

Also players arent allowed flu medicine etc

They are also tested outside of tournaments

Comment

after a quick google i read this (although not sure of its reliability as it was a comment in a blog)

It's also worth pointing out that the Amateur Governing Bodies also have a full anti-doping structure in place using the WADA rules.

Adopted by the IBSF, EBSA etc it's been passed to all governing bodies to complete and comply.

So theoretically any playing member of a country anywhere in the world is now under the anti-doping umbrella.

Comment

Working...
            X