No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: J. Vargas Discusses Bradley, Mayweather and Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: J. Vargas Discusses Bradley, Mayweather and Pacquiao

Things have changed dramatically for young Jessie Vargas in the past few months. The undefeated welterweight contender (19-0, 9 KO’s) went from being a staple at the Mayweather Boxing Club, having been around Floyd Jr. for several years and even signed under his Mayweather Promotions banner, to then accepting an exclusive deal to join forces with Top Rank.

[Click Here To Read More]

Mayweather let this kid go cause he knows what he is made of. Not impressed with his speed, power or defense. Should be more humble until you've earned your respect. I think Jose Benavides Jr. Will destroy him once he hits a full welter weight.

Comment

pac vs vargas dec 8 at the new vegas outdoor arena

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
        Mayweather let this kid go cause he knows what he is made of. Not impressed with his speed, power or defense. Should be more humble until you've earned your respect. I think Jose Benavides Jr. Will destroy him once he hits a full welter weight.
        Actually Mayweather didn't let him go, he actually fought pretty hard to keep Vargas. Top Rank presented a better deal, which would be logical seeing that they've been around longer than Mayweather Promotions and has way more clientel with way more publicity. Vargas is a decent fighter though, nothing will wow you about it. Canelo is an ordinary fighter, nothing wows you, he has decent pop, decent hand speed and mediocore defense. He's just popular because he's a mexican and he's promoted by Golden Boy whose great at showcasing fighters. Simple!!!

Comment

Josesito beat Jesse Vargas last sept. I felt that it was fairly obvious. and Pac isn't "close to forty" at all - especially in boxing years.

Comment

lol he says Pacman is close to 40...wtf is he talking about?

Comment

Why is this idiot saying Pacquiao is close to 40? He's freaken 32 years old for Pete's sake!!

Comment

Originally posted by simms601 View Post
                Actually Mayweather didn't let him go, he actually fought pretty hard to keep Vargas. Top Rank presented a better deal, which would be logical seeing that they've been around longer than Mayweather Promotions and has way more clientel with way more publicity. Vargas is a decent fighter though, nothing will wow you about it. Canelo is an ordinary fighter, nothing wows you, he has decent pop, decent hand speed and mediocore defense. He's just popular because he's a mexican and he's promoted by Golden Boy whose great at showcasing fighters. Simple!!!
                I have to disagree with your analysis of Saul. I think he has descent hand speed, solid defense, and very good power. But most importantly, he's very resilient! He's been fighting proffesionally since he was 15 years old and hasn't lost. That speaks volumes. Especially since A) he's been learning on the job, and B) before he signed with aajor promoter and was as popular as he is now, he was just another Mexican kid trying to make it; that means that he wasn't always 'protected' (as he is now). There must have been a point in his early career, before anybody knew who he was, where he was tested hard and ultimately prevailed! And to me, that speaks volumes!

Comment

yeah, Canelo is better than "decent" every aspect of the sport. Jesse however hasnt shown me anything to date that boasts "world champ" at all. He's very tough and will be a good opponent for plenty of fighters though

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
                    I have to disagree with your analysis of Saul. I think he has descent hand speed, solid defense, and very good power. But most importantly, he's very resilient! He's been fighting proffesionally since he was 15 years old and hasn't lost. That speaks volumes. Especially since A) he's been learning on the job, and B) before he signed with aajor promoter and was as popular as he is now, he was just another Mexican kid trying to make it; that means that he wasn't always 'protected' (as he is now). There must have been a point in his early career, before anybody knew who he was, where he was tested hard and ultimately prevailed! And to me, that speaks volumes!
                    Well you just reiterated everything I said concerning his power, speed and defense. He's not going to wow you with anything. He has a few knockouts that made him seem like a power puncher, but really isn't that type of puncher. He's an accumulative puncher and that's where most of his knockouts come from. I agree he has been learning on the job, he still has learning too do, but all in all he's still an ordinary fighter. How many A level fighters has be fought? Mosley can't be considered A level, he's an A level name and a resume builder but he wasn't the same fighter. Cintron is a B level talent with a noticeable name, but again he's seen better days and he really didn't seem to want to fight that night. I'm impressed with Canelo's work rate, but I'm curious to see how he reacts to a true puncher who won't stop coming. So far he's faced only two fighters who are considered punchers and that's Mosley and Cintron. Cintron has zero knockouts at 154 and didn't look at that strong either except for the fight with Angulo, but Angulo was sick that fight. Mosley has had knockouts at 154 but that was against Mayorga and an old *ss Fernando Vargas.

Comment

Working...
                    X