Comments Thread For: Photos: Gamboa, Dirrell, Floyd Sr. Hit 50's New Gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
    hahaha that's what I was thinking, those quotes are lame
    and the spanish translations actually look like they copied and pasted the sentence on google translation. because grammatically they make no sense

Comment

I thought the older gent in the fifth picture down looked familiar. I just realized who it is, former light-heavyweight champ Eddie Mustafa Mohammad.

Comment

Haha, those posters are blowing my mind. Sublime stuff.

Makes them all look grimey and completely the opposite of what you'd expect the fighter to hold as their philosophy.

All three boxer types are repped in those quotes, the fighter who fights for himself (the gamboa quote), the fighter who fights for fun (Dibb) and the fighter who fights because he has to (Dirrell), although none of those quotes rep the fighter's who say it.

Comment

While the banners could have been better I don't see anything wrong with them. It describes the mentality of each fighter. People can know who there are as individuals and what they stand for. I'm sure that was the question they were asked. Not hating on the banners.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
            Haha, those posters are blowing my mind. Sublime stuff.

Makes them all look grimey and completely the opposite of what you'd expect the fighter to hold as their philosophy.

All three boxer types are repped in those quotes, the fighter who fights for himself (the gamboa quote), the fighter who fights for fun (Dibb) and the fighter who fights because he has to (Dirrell), although none of those quotes rep the fighter's who say it.
            Good observation. And I agree about Gamboa. His quote sounded made up. I've seen him interviewed several times. He actually comes across as a fairly humble guy, despite his ring persona.

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            While the banners could have been better I don't see anything wrong with them. It describes the mentality of each fighter. People can know who there are as individuals and what they stand for. I'm sure that was the question they were asked. Not hating on the banners.
            As I said above, I find Gamboa's "quote" out of character.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Good observation. And I agree about Gamboa. His quote sounded made up. I've seen him interviewed several times. He actually comes across as a fairly humble guy, despite his ring persona.

As I said above, I find Gamboa's "quote" out of character.
              If that's how you feel that, then so be it. I didn't reply to your post with it I just said how I felt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                Doesn't look bad considering its a work in progress, but couldn't they have picked better quotes to put on those banners?
                lol was thinkin the same thing

Comment

They really need to change the banners, Make all boxers sound dumb lol... Am sure they can found something better to say than "Money, feed or fight"

Comment

Those are some lame ass banners. Huge gym though, looks way bigger than Floyd's gym.

Comment

sounds like 50 and mayweather and all that "money, money money" talk got into their heads...gamboa's a cuban just starting to really acclimate himself to being an american..getting spoiled, i hope he keeps his boxing mind right

Comment

Working...
                      X