No announcement yet.

Who's greater? Froch or Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    You can't be serious with this? You can do that to anyone's record to make them look like crap.
    Joe's win over prime Kessler and over B-Hop (despite his age) are better than anything of Froch's resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
      The one who cleaned out the division,won all the belts,had 21 title defenses and is a 2 division champion
      Good post.

Froch never cleaned out a division or won all the belts.

And he was never a Ring Champion in any division, while Joe was Ring Champion in two divisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Joe's win over prime Kessler and over B-Hop (despite his age) are better than anything of Froch's resume.
        And?

Ruben Carter's win over Emile Griffith is better than anything on Calzaghe and Froch's resume but together.

Does this mean Carter is greater than them? No, obviously not.

Comment

• It's close. Calzaghe is so overrated it's not even funny. The guy has wins over Hopkins (questionable), Kessler, Lacy, Bika, and not much else.

Froch has wins over Pascal, Dirrell (questionable), Abraham, and Bute.

I'd go with Calzaghe on the strength of getting the W over Hopkins, and winning titles in 2 weight classes. But if Froch gets say 3 more good wins, and possibly goes to 175 and grabs a title, it'll be really close and hard for me to say his whole resume isn't better than Calzaghe's.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            It's close. Calzaghe is so overrated it's not even funny. The guy has wins over Hopkins (questionable), Kessler, Lacy, Bika, and not much else.

Froch has wins over Pascal, Dirrell (questionable), Abraham, and Bute.

I'd go with Calzaghe on the strength of getting the W over Hopkins, and winning titles in 2 weight classes. But if Froch gets say 3 more good wins, and possibly goes to 175 and grabs a title, it'll be really close and hard for me to say his whole resume isn't better than Calzaghe's.
            I don't see Froch going to 175.

He knows the end is near and I think he's only looking to fight 3 or 4 more times (including Mack) maximum.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I don't see Froch going to 175.

He knows the end is near and I think he's only looking to fight 3 or 4 more times (including Mack) maximum.
              What about him fighting Cleverly at 175, if Cleverly keeps his title another year or so??? I was hoping Froch would do that real quick this year before his Bute and Kessler rematches.

Comment

• Yusaf Mack is a terrible opponent, he was KOed by old, faded Glen Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  What about him fighting Cleverly at 175, if Cleverly keeps his title another year or so??? I was hoping Froch would do that real quick this year before his Bute and Kessler rematches.
                  Might be tough to make as Froch is with Hearn and Sky Sports and Cleverly is with Frank Warren at Boxnation.

Could see it happening but I don't think Froch is too interested. His main focus is avenging his loss to Kessler, I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Yusaf Mack is a terrible opponent, he was KOed by old, faded Glen Johnson.
                    Speaking of...

I always thought it was funny that Joes hand turned into glass whenever Glen Johnson came up.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Might be tough to make as Froch is with Hearn and Sky Sports and Cleverly is with Frank Warren at Boxnation.

Could see it happening but I don't think Froch is too interested. His main focus is avenging his loss to Kessler, I believe.
                      That's true. Mack is a complete waste of time though.

Comment

Working...
                      X