No announcement yet.

WBO Trying To Ruin Pirog vs Geale Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    That's not accurate since the N'jikam-Bursak fight was finalized for May 4th and a unification, per the WBO's rules, is held above a mandatory defense.
    Ok so most likely the Pirog/Geale card is still on. I don't mind Pirog fighting either guy but I know that beating Geale on HBO would make him the next logical opponent for Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      That's not accurate since the N'jikam-Bursak fight was finalized for May 4th and a unification, per the WBO's rules, is held above a mandatory defense.
      Then why are Geale and Pirog's promoter having to visit the WBO President in person in Puerto Rico because he hasn't sanctioned it? There is talk of having to pay step aside money, why would they have to do that considering the rules of Unification trumping a mandatory?

http://www.boxingscene.com/geale-tur...through--52466

Doesn't make any sense unless you view the Sanctioning bodies as the comic bookesque evil, greedy, villans that they are.
      Last edited by Mikhnienko; 05-03-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

How long has Pirog been champ? Has he yet faced a mandatory? Anyways, unification takes precedence over a mandatory. So more than like a Pirog-Geale will happen anyways. Of if by some miracle Sturm decides on Geale and Sturm-Geale happens instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          How long has Pirog been champ? Has he yet faced a mandatory? Anyways, unification takes precedence over a mandatory. So more than like a Pirog-Geale will happen anyways. Of if by some miracle Sturm decides on Geale and Sturm-Geale happens instead.
          Wasn't Martiroysan a mando
          Can't imagine a paycheck and a guarantee wouldn't solve this

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
            Martirosyan was a mandatory and his recent obligation was due June 25th , my OP explains the whole situation.

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
            WBO is now saying that the winner of the N'jikam-Bursak fight which is for the WBO Interm belt will be Pirog's mandatory and that he has to face the winner within 120 days which would be early Sept.

A timeline of events to show how absurd the WBO is

- Pirog's mandatory is due June 25th

- Pirog and N'jikam in talks for a fight April 6th, nothing signed though, when Pirog injures his left shoulder.

- Pirog want to hold the fight May 1st instead, less than a month later and almost 2 months before his mandatory is due.

- N'jikam signs to fight Maksym Bursak

- WBO declares N'jikam-Bursak to be for the WBO interm belt.

*A Interm belt is usually awarded when a Champion is unable to fulfill their mandatory obligation due to injury. As mention above Pirog's May 1st fight proposal would have fulfilled that obligation two months early, why they're making this for an Interm belt is baffling aside from a obvious money grab having another "champion" paying them sanctioning fees.*

- WBO now declares that the winner will be Pirog's mandatory and that he must face them within 120 days which would be early September. How the proposed Geale Unification in August can take place now is looking more difficult.

http://www.***************.net/2012/...irog-must.html
            So Pirog's recent fight against Ishida should have been his mandatory against N'jikam but N'jikam ducked him and is handed a Interm belt even though Pirog was able and wanting to fullfill it May 1st, two months before it was due.
            Last edited by Mikhnienko; 05-03-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

does anybody really care about alphabet belts?

i'm asking you guys, not promoters, fighters, etc

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

Alphabet soup , Yeah

Comment

Good to see Pirog is done fighting Russian club fighters and thinking of moving up in competion.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

Not really but for some reason i like the idea of a unification even when the guys wearing the belts are just paper champs and not truly the best of their division.

Comment

Working...
                    X