Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson Targets Ward, Bute - But Dirrell Could Be Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson Targets Ward, Bute - But Dirrell Could Be Next

On Friday night at the Bell Centre in Quebec, super middleweight Adonis Stevenson (18-1, 15 KOs) rushed forward to stop Noe Gonzalez (28-2, 20 KOs) in the second round. Stevenson, 34-years-old, is on the verge of landing a title shot opportunity. Going by the rankings, Stevenson is getting close to challenging IBF champion Lucian Bute or WBC king Andre Ward.

[Click Here To Read More]

Just as I predicted.

Ward vacates the WBC title, Stevenson and Anthony, 2 highly rated by the WBC for the vacant title in July/August. Winner can fight Bute, Ward, DeGale, etc.

Comment

That's a crazy sick fight between two bangers.

Not sure who wins TBH.

Both unproven.

Somebody's getting KO'd.

Comment

i'm starting to have some doubts about ward....not his ability, but his willingness to fight

first, he says he doesn't want bute. now he says he doesn't want dirrell. who does ward want? kessler...go figure

Comment

I like. I'll take Dirrell, but it should be a fun one even if I'm wrong. Hope it happens.

Comment

Andre beats him easy/

Anthony probably gets him out of there, but takes a few good blows in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
              i'm starting to have some doubts about ward....not his ability, but his willingness to fight

first, he says he doesn't want bute. now he says he doesn't want dirrell. who does ward want? kessler...go figure
              Isn't his contract with Showtime about to end? I'm assuming he doesn't want any fights that are TOO BIG before he's under a new deal with Showtime or HBO is part of the issue, but that's just my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post

He'll fight Bute, people need to relax. And if Anthony Dirrell gets a good win, an Adonis Stevenson type win, I'm sure Andre Ward would fight him. Anthony Dirrell hasn't done s**t. Even Adonis just beating the average Noe Gonzalez was better than anything Anthony Dirrell has done.

I can see Anthony stopping Adonis though, who was shocked and upset by Darnell f**king Boone. Adonis has looked much different lately though, maybe because he's working with Steward now????

Would like to see a Stevenson-Dirrell fight for the vacant title. The winner could fight Ward, Bute, and many others.

Comment

he'd lose to ward& Bute...power, sure...any1 notice how terribly low his lead hand is everytime he jabs...that's trouble after a few rounds vs a eith of these guys...still it would b interesting,next year...

Comment

Working...
                  X