No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keep the Faith: Mayweather-Pacquiao Will Come in 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Keep the Faith: Mayweather-Pacquiao Will Come in 2012

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - The news that pound-for-pound elitist Floyd Mayweather Jr. would be spending three months behind bars – deservedly so, by the way – didn’t exactly get 2012 off to an ideal boxing start.

After all, when his plea deal mandated lock-up on Jan. 6, any fleeting hopes that the early May date he’d reserved in Vegas would result in a showdown with Manny Pacquiao went up in litigious smoke.

But while many are already writing off the year as another in which the sport’s most anticipated and potentially lucrative superfight didn’t happen… I’m not willing to throw in the towel just yet.

For May? Yes, indeed.

But forever? No way.

In fact, count me among those who not only believe Mayweather will be out of jail by Easter, but expect him to be in the ring – albeit against a less-ominous, non-Filipino foe – at the MGM Grand come May 5.

And once he dispatches a Peter McNeely-type springtime stand-in, sign me up for Valhalla in the fall.

The match between the world’s two best fighters will be the $75 pay-per-view cherry on what should be another solid in-ring year – replete with big performances from rising superstars, main-stage veterans and heretofore unknown quan****** that’ll make the most of long-awaited opportunities.

For an advance look at who’ll cop year-end hardware 12 months from now, read on as we open the envelope for 2012’s FitzHitz and Misses. [Click Here To Read More]

wow...this was a very exciting write...great imagination guys I saw everything happening in my mind...Finally mayweather gets his credit and STOPS Pacman..I luv'd luv'd luv'd it..Pac's soul purpous in life is to sow how great Floyd really is and bring out the best in him....way to go Floyd...and u changed and got more humble after coming out of jail, and the domestic violence classes helped u with ur temper and made u the champion that God destined u to be....the student of the game, went into his domestic violence classes, and learned from them unlike ordinary minds who would just sit thru them waiting for time to Pass...Mayweather took it all in and became a better champion!...Exciting write

Comment

Lol that was fun to read.

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

I have no comment about the predictions; I will say one thing, though, about what you wrote about Amir Khan:

"Though his December 2011 loss to Lamont Peterson was seen by many eyes as dubious, it nonetheless did relieve the classy Brit of his 140-pound titles and at least temporarily stunted his growth as a rapidly rising commodity on credible P4P lists."

From what I have seen and read about Khan (and his people), I find nothing classy about him. Or were you being sarcastic?

Comment

nice article

Comment

B.Hop gets another significant win...thats wassup

Comment

This author is a tart..my version
                1)Amir Khan will not rematch Peterson, well,because Peterson is calling the shots...Khan will come back and beat two average euros in England, and get a huge fight for no reason in September
                2)Pacroid will continue to dodge Gayfeathers and catch a case just so he can do 90 days in jail and not face Gayfeathers...heads-up Jenkie
                3)Molina will get beat to smitherines by Kirkland, then go on to some how face Alvarez (and lose)...
                4)Vitali will Murder Haye, dont know which round,but if you are sitting in the front row bring a trash bag
                5)Mayweather will TKO someone along the lines of Alexander or Maidana, hell maybe even Paulie Maliggnaggi
                6)The fighter of the year is up for grabs...

Comment

It's hard for me to launch into my typical tirade in the face of such well detailed optimism.

Comment

funny read but one I can definitley see happenning,mayweathers power is concussive enough to stop pacyow, he just gets hit too cleanly eventually one of those punches are gonna short ciruit his brain and hes gonna get ko'd thats how he fights and thats how he gonna go out.lmao ,pacyow battered into submission 11th rnd tko........
                    Last edited by boxingfan76; 12-27-2011, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X