Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between Floyd's and JMM's Defense in Their Last Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was setting the odds I would make floyd at least a 3.5: 1 favorite. pacquiao got exposed for what he really is and that he really hasnt gotten any better since 2008 and if anything maybe he got worse.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      Lederman judging a fight >>>>>>>>> pro boxers judging a fight.

With that said, why do people rely on others to form an opinion when they can judge for themselves? Besides, I actually know several pro fighters and none of them really sit down and pay attention to details during a fight unless its an opponent they are facing. They are either their to have a good time with friends/associates.
      Really? Old Harld Lederman judging a fight is greater than countless pro boxers stating their opinions on a fight? Didn't Harold Lederman also have Devon Alexander beating Kotelnik? Don't be a clown and make excuses for Pacquiao's poor performance this past weekend. He lost that fight, the crowd saw it and most boxers saw it.
      Last edited by Johnwoo8686; 11-16-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfox View Post
        are you joking? lederman is horrible when it comes to pacquiao...he gives him rounds just because he is pacquiao and the commentators are no better. Lets get real ...marquez won the fight and manny knows it. Even after their 2nd fight which manny also lost he put up his hands after the final bell as the winner. Look at his face after the final bell, he knows he lost the fight which makes his post fight comments lies and frankly disgraceful.
        He looked the same way after the Mosley fight, a bout in which he won every single round and scored a KD.

Manny was just disappointing he didn't put an exclamation mark on the trilogy.

With that said, while I don't agree with him 100% of the time, Harold Lederman is probably one of the three best judges in the sport of boxing...period.

You clowns kill me because if someone doesn't say things you don't wanna hear, then they are the worse ______ in the sport of boxing.

Comment

and Pacquiao has quicker hand speed and applies pressure better than Jose Luis Castillo.
          Manny isn't a pressure fighter. He's more of a middle of the ring ambush fighter than he is a pressure/infighter that relies on his opponent being cornered. Manny doesn't use intelligent pressure either. He lunges in and out recklessly, and he cannot fight on the inside. Jose Luis Castillo has nothing in common with the way Manny fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            Really? Old Harld Lederman judging a fight is greater than countless pro boxers stating their opinions on a fight? Didn't Harold Lederman also had Devon Alexander beating Kotelnik? Don't be a clown and make excuses for Pacquiao's poor performance this past weekend. He lost that fight, the crowd saw it and most boxers saw it.
            Harold Lederman judges fights for a living. He has judged thousands upon thousands of fights and has more fights, I bet you would have a hard time counting the amount of times on one hand that he has been off.....which says a lot about his consistency.

And yes Lederman judging a fight>>>>>>a pro boxer who is there to have a good time and enjoy the event. Haven't you noticed most of those dudes are often not paying attention at times. Also please show a pic of any pro fighter with a piece of paper, taking notes and scoring a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              Manny isn't a pressure fighter. He's more of a middle of the ring ambush fighter than he is a pressure/infighter that relies on his opponent being cornered. Manny doesn't use intelligent pressure either. He lunges in and out recklessly, and he cannot fight on the inside. Jose Luis Castillo has nothing in common with the way Manny fight.
              I never stated that Manny is a pressure fighter. I simply stated he applies pressure better than JLC. Also the fact that you pointed out they fight nothing alike ties perfectly into the point I was making when replying to that guy.

If Floyd beats Manny it will be for different reasons than the ones used by Marquez to give Manny the fits that he has given him in there trilogy.

Comment

Yo top, why does pac not have his hand up after the final bell unless he definitively thinks he didnt win? Find me another fight where a guy even thinks we might have won and doesnt put up his hands.

Comment

and Pacquiao has quicker hand speed and applies pressure better than Jose Luis Castillo.
                  no he doesnt. he cant even trap an opponent who doesnt come at him.

Comment

I never stated that Manny is a pressure fighter. I simply stated he applies pressure better than JLC. Also the fact that you pointed out they fight nothing alike ties perfectly into the point I was making when replying to that guy.

If Floyd beats Manny it will be for different reasons than the ones used by Marquez to give Manny the fits that he has given him in there trilogy.
                    i kno u believe that but its absolutely untrue. itll be for the same reasons. manny cant handle movement and he cant handle a counterpuncher who times/anticipates him.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfox View Post
                      Yo top, why does pac not have his hand up after the final bell unless he definitively thinks he didnt win? Find me another fight where a guy even thinks we might have won and doesnt put up his hands.
                      Easy work....Shane Mosley fight. Dude walks back to his corner with his head down and a look of disgust. I guess he lost to Mosley as well?

Comment

Working...
                      X