No announcement yet.

Warning: Fake Paypal Email

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: Fake Paypal Email

I received an email from a company claiming to be Paypal.

Acount Locked

Dear Valued Paypal Member,

We were unable to process your most recent payment. Did you recently change your bank, phone number or credit card?

To ensure that your service is not interrupted, please update your billing information today by clicking here After a few clicks, just verify the information you entered is correct. !
    Sincerely,

Paypal Member Services Team

P.S. The link in this massage will be expire within 24 Hours . You have to update your payment information

© 2011 Paypal LLC. All Rights Reserved.
    I found it weird because I don't remember using paypal for any recent payment or transaction. I clicked on the link anyway and it brought me to a site that is the exact replica of Paypal here: http://www.stackedmoderndiner.com/wp...dating/paypal/

I didn't notice this in the beginning so I entered my email and password. There, it said my account was minus $260 and that I had a transaction in October, I figured something was wrong, but the site looked so official I kept it moving because I thought it was a real issue. That lead me to click on a link where it'd send me to the resolution center... "My account must've gotten hacked" is the thought running through my head. I go to the next screen, where it asks for the password, so I enter it again. Next screen asks the security questions, this is when my attention focused on the url and I notice that it isn't PayPal and doesn't have the PayPal security bar.

I immediately go to my Paypal account and changed my password. I don't think I'll have any problems from this incident.

I went back to take a look at the site and found out you can sign in using any password and probably any email and see what I saw. Now that you've been forewarned, don't fall for this ****. These POS are trying to take your money one way or another.

Nigerian scam artists.

Comment

anything with "Dear Valued Member," is immediately deleted

if they don't know your name its fake
      Last edited by hogwash; 11-04-2011, 09:13 PM.

Comment

read my thread on the nigerian scammers, Dios.

lol they've been targeting me forever now

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

I received an e-mail from the 'FBI.' Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by *Khan View Post
            I received an e-mail from the 'FBI.' Lol.
            Warning: " I the FBI agent Robert Garcia will have you fire from job and ARREST" the funniest thing I ever read in a scam letter.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
              read my thread on the nigerian scammers, Dios.

lol they've been targeting me forever now
              I'm not Dios.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                I'm not Dios.

He directed that to Queloque, who is not Dios either.

Run, Dios is Gino Ros.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  He directed that to Queloque, who is not Dios either.

Run, Dios is Gino Ros.
                  That was funny but the TS is a buff robert townsend looking dominican.

Comment

Working...
                  X