No announcement yet.

Who's the best @ 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the best @ 140?

These guys are all entering the "mini tourney" set up by GBP. Who is the best and why?
    Danny Garcia
    36.27%
    Lamont Peterson
    10.78%
    Amir Khan
    4.90%
    Lucas mathysse
    48.04%
    Zab Judah
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

There is no best, really. I can't even say who'll come out on top. For example, I think Peterson would smother Garcia's attack, rough Danny up inside where he's far more superior and win a unanimous decision. Then, I also like Garcia's chances against Matthysse, Matthysse will give Garcia plenty of opportunities to counter, Garcia has the durability to stay with Matthysse, he's also bigger and Danny can crack as well. As for Matthysse-Peterson, I have a tough time picking a winner because of Matthysse's relentlessness, Peterson isn't the puncher that Garcia is or the counter puncher. It's really hard to say who comes out on top in the end. All I can say is I'm extremely thankful we're gonna get Matthysse-Peterson.
    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 05-02-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I think all those guys can beat one another if they all fought eachother more than once

Comment

If Petersom upsets Matthysse, giving him wins over Khan and Lucas, I'd have to say him. Hopefully we get Danny Garcia vs the winner of that fight.

Comment

If Jose Benavidez Jr got in the ring with the real champ at 140 (Garcia)

JB would embarrass his ass.

Comment

wait til september to find out. they are all the same level tho. not1 is clearly superior to the other

Comment

Danny Garcia probably ranked #1.

I think Matthysse is the best fighter h2h. Maybe he will prove just that.

Peterson is no slouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy
                There is no best, really. I can't even say who'll come out on top. For example, I think Peterson would smother Garcia's attack, rough Danny up inside where he's far more superior and win a unanimous decision. Then, I also like Garcia's chances against Matthysse, Matthysse will give Garcia plenty of opportunities to counter, Garcia has the durability to stay with Matthysse, he's also bigger and Danny can crack as well. As for Matthysse-Peterson, I have a tough time picking a winner because of Matthysse's relentlessness, Peterson isn't the puncher that Garcia is or the counter puncher. It's really hard to say who comes out on top in the end. All I can say is I'm extremely thankful we're gonna get Matthysse-Peterson.
                Matthysse will have plenty of opportunities to counter as well...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  wait til september to find out. they are all the same level tho. not1 is clearly superior to the other
                  If Peterson beats Lucas, I'd be hard pressed not to say he's the #1 guy. He beat Khan, close fight, when Khan was at the highest point in his career and the clear #1 (him and Bradley both at the time) at 140. Than he will have beaten Lucas, he's probably the most feared fighter at 140, and deserved a win over Alexander and had a close fight with Judah.

Garcia is right there. He beat Khan, while Khan was still a highly ranked fighter, got an old past it Morales (though some picked Morales in the first fight, true story) who was still Top 10 after beating Cano, and beat Judah who was a solid fight for him. Lucas would be right there too though. He would have a win over Peterson, what should have been a clear win over Devon, and a close loss to Judah.

Comment

They all have their strengths and weaknessess
                    I think Matthysse will be king within the next 9 months.

Judah is done but a good gatekeeper - Maybe face Rios? interesting fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X