Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malik Scott: Tyson Fury vs. Cunningham is a 50-50 Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malik Scott: Tyson Fury vs. Cunningham is a 50-50 Fight

Undefeated heavyweight contender Malik Scott (35-0-1, 12KOs) appeared on this week's edition of BoxingScene Radio and spoke to us on a variety of topics. Scott battled Vyacheslav Glazkov to a controversial draw last month in a fight that most insiders felt Scott won going away. Scott told us that from this point on he is only looking to fight meaningful fights.

"I only want to fight top 5, top 10 guys. I need to fight guys who can help me feed my family and who can light my fire. I don't need to fight theses bums who are talking ****. The Jose Ribaltas of the world don't do **** for me. I heard Vitaly Klitschko is looking for an opponent. He's never fought a boxer like me and I would go to Berlin or wherever in Germany the fight takes place. I would go there and beat him," Scott revealed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like Malik Scott, he's a tough guy. But he needs to make sure he's in good shape for everyone of his fights. With 30+ fights in today's climate he should be well up there for a world title shot - but he just keeps fighting these bums. And he can't even knock them out! Another wasted american talent.

Comment

Malik isn't lying

He has more talent than most champions in any weight division what he don't have is the desire to reach out and take it. Malik you are getting old and so is your family. If you don't get serious all of you will be old and broke. Wake up kid! Stop playing and go take what you can!

Comment

Wasted his career fighting nobodies and now he wants a pay day to retire with.

Comment

He clearly beat Glazkov in my eyes. Deserves some big fights from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            Wow, exactly, what happened to this guy's career? He was a top ten HW ten years ago.

Comment

He's not as bad as Haye, because at least Haye got a title shot. But both have too inactive. Haye vs. Scott; Haye vs. Wilder; or Wilder vs Scott?

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                you must think that NOBODY in the division believes he can beat Vitali...THIS version of Big Vit is not so scary for a person with foot and hand speed....with that said, Malik has NEVER been in with a Vitali caliber opponent or close to it...so I hope he knows what he's asking for

dudes are high on Pulev...Malik should fight him...IMO, he can beat him

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                  you must think that NOBODY in the division believes he can beat Vitali...THIS version of Big Vit is not so scary for a person with foot and hand speed....with that said, Malik has NEVER been in with a Vitali caliber opponent or close to it...so I hope he knows what he's asking for

dudes are high on Pulev...Malik should fight him...IMO, he can beat him
                  Forget anybody in particular, just fight, especially if it's for some title, any title.

Memo to all you posters on this site: let's starts our own governing body and hold out own championship fights.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                    Wow, exactly, what happened to this guy's career? He was a top ten HW ten years ago.
                    The problem is Scott is a boring safety first fighter and people are not interested in him, major networks dont support him and good opponents are not willing to fight him because hes a stinker who can make anybody look bad. hes a good boxer but not something you want to see in a heavyweight. At heavyweight people want to see entertaining fighters throwing bombs. They dont want to see safety first fighters that dont pack a punch. But Scott has good boxing skills.
                    There are far lesser boxers that got an HW-titleshot in recent years. Scott is avoided.

Comment

Working...
                    X