Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Austin Trout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would come down to whoever dictated the pace better. Whoever can make the other chase them around and fight their fight.

I think Floyd would be better suited fighting like Hopkins in this one. Don't engage too much just flurry on the inside and flurry at the end of rounds to steal them.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Except me, who picked him to beat Cotto as soon as the fight was made

These guys, Floyd Cotto Pac Marquez, they move up in weight and beat like the third, fourth best guy in the division.

They can't handle these big kids with skills, cotto forgot that rule and got manhandled, same would happen to lil' floyd
      This entire post.

If Cory Spinks was given the decision against Jermain Taylor for the MW Championship (like he should have) you best believe Floyd would have been Cory's next fight. But I digress....

As for the bold, I agree 100%....but no judge in his right mind would DARE think of giving any round to Floyd's opponent unless he drops Floyd - but we've even seen that happen (Zab) and still not give credit for it.

Comment

I voted trout.

Just think the size difference is too much.

Trout is too big for mayweather

End of discussion.

Comment

watch Mayweather tool around with Omar Henry in sparring. he spent a lot of time in the corner, quite obviously in preparation for doing the same thing in the contest with Cotto - stunt training, practically, for some very calculated risk-taking in the fight. true enough, he fought in large spells just as he sparred. Floyd was well in control throughout that fight, Cotto only gave him as much trouble as Floyd allowed him to give for the purposes of creating a spectacle. he's coming to the end and is mindful of giving some extra bang for the fans' bucks in order to maximize interest in his remaining fights.

all that said, Mayweather-Trout would be a fine fight. Canelo and Trout need to battle it out for the Mayweather shot.
          Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-05-2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Mayweather would find a way. He'd probably start timing trout and short circuit his offense, and as he fought hiS other large opponents, walk him down with a tight defense and sharp counters as well as getting off first. Can't pick trout on this one.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me tell you something man this doesn't have anything to do with race you call a spade a spade i'm black but even i gotta give the dude props Mattyse is a monster, and i'm telling you right now Golden Boy is protecting Danny Garcia. They don't want no parts of Mattyse they ain't stupid. I'm not saying Danny Garcia can't win but there is no way on God's green earth that Garcia can just walk throught Mattyse. Mattyse ain't gonna quit and has a chin a punches hAAAArd, Garcia aint walking through him in no 4 rds. Garcia might get beat up don't let nobody on Garcia's team fool you that dude sam watson or anybody else in boxing give you some BS excuse why the fight won't happen. I don't care how many tickets the dude sold it's an excuse period that has nothing to do with whether you can fight or not and Keith Kizer anybody connected to Golden Boy or team Garcia when somebody bring up Mattyse name watch the excuses they come up with. They know that boy Mattyse is a problem they can't just go in there and walk all over dude it won't happen it's to dangerous of a fight so they are ducking him period.

Comment

oh and floyd ain't fighting right now but ill be watching when he does Mayweather could beat Trout if he boxed, but if trout won i wouldn't be surprised that's a big size difference but floyd skills are such that you aren't gonna just dominate him too much skill, but if trout were to win i would see a real close fight like 7rds-5 foor trout or mayse it being close to a draw because of the height difference, so trout could beat him, but floyd is never going to fight him so it doesn't matter and im a fan of floyd because of his skill level but he's not fighting trout i wanna talk about why Golen Boy is Protecting Garcia from Mattyse.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                  Can somebody please tell me when exactly Cotto "washed up"? Was it just the 6 months inbetween the Mayweather fight and the Trout fight??? Mayweather beating Cotto was legit in May, but Trout beating Cotto in December was not???
                  Aren't you aware? When Floyd fought Cotto that was a second-primed, undefeated, God version Cotto where the Pacquiao and Margarito beat downs somehow never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey
                    Who would like to see this?

Trout easily schooled a Cotto who Mayweather went life and death with.

IMAGE#1

Vs
                    IMAGE#2
                    so what? trout fought on the outside and used his advantages he's taller

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandpaBernard

Floyd by UD

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBat

Floyd by UD.

that all they got

"floyd ud"

that all they got dem floyd stans