Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather ever win a Middleweight title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the opportunity is there if he wants it. He'll obviously be at a size disadvantage, but I'm sure he can make the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Pacquiao will fight Valuev and it will look like this:

If Shaq grabbed when his opponent got close like Klitschko he'd be a ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Floyd is an opportunist, so if a weak champion presents itself he will chance it, he is a chancer. He keeps himself in shape all year round waiting for the chance.

He will never say he will fight at that weight, but if something arises he will take the chance. Just like if there is a weak 154 champ. He is similar to BH in fact.

If you hang around long enough, view the scene, then wham, floyds in there.
        HAHAHAHAHA!!!...He says if a weak opponent presents himself..Boy thats not how Floyd's mind works...he so ****y cuz he think no one can beat him...he only is interested in fighting Martinez, because he is impressed with his style...Floyd just wants to be in the ring with a a champion, or a guy with a dope style just so he can pat himself on the back and say, "Hey me and that slick argentinian fought"

Comment

let me see

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            HAHAHAHAHA!!!...He says if a weak opponent presents himself..Boy thats not how Floyd's mind works...he so ****y cuz he think no one can beat him...he only is interested in fighting Martinez, because he is impressed with his style...Floyd just wants to be in the ring with a a champion, or a guy with a dope style just so he can pat himself on the back and say, "Hey me and that slick argentinian fought"
            Mayweather fought for the LMW title no catchweights and he's doing it again. Mayweather doesn't try to weaken his opponents before fighting them.

Comment

Martinez at MW would be tough, but I'm sure Mayweather could take a strap from Chavez Jr or Geale if he really wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Floyd is an opportunist, so if a weak champion presents itself he will chance it, he is a chancer. He keeps himself in shape all year round waiting for the chance.

He will never say he will fight at that weight, but if something arises he will take the chance. Just like if there is a weak 154 champ. He is similar to BH in fact.

If you hang around long enough, view the scene, then wham, floyds in there.
                So like Pacquiao did with David Diaz or the Margarito fight? Haha, had to take that shot man.

Comment

I think he even knows that's pushing it. I actually doubt he cracks 150 for this fight with Cotto. If anyone has ever seen Floyd in person, he's actually a small dude. He would need speed and to compete at 160 he'd have to venture into the 150s and that may slow him down.

Comment

Originally posted by THE S0UL TAKER View Post
                    not happening. dont forget Floyd only fought once at junior middleweight and he only did that cause his opponent was no real junior middleweight himself (de la Hoya).
                    the middleweight champs are all pretty good (Pirog,Martinez...) so no way will you see Floyd fighting at that weight. He also wouldnt fight Chavez who would be a cruiserweight on fightnight.
                    You realize that DLH came in as a SMW on fight night right?

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                      I think he even knows that's pushing it. I actually doubt he cracks 150 for this fight with Cotto. If anyone has ever seen Floyd in person, he's actually a small dude. He would need speed and to compete at 160 he'd have to venture into the 150s and that may slow him down.
                      If Floyd fights at that weight, he will come in 152 tops....but people are missing the point...its not about Floyd fighting at 160...its about him potentiall fighting Martinez, and if Floyd is man enough to even MENTION 160, then that means OF COURSE he will fight him at 154 if Martinez doesnt open his big mouth and offer 150

Comment

Working...
                      X