No announcement yet.

Prime Mike Tyson would of took Vitali out in 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    That's because everyone he's fought other then Lennox was dogs1t. Funny, the one time he steps into the ring with someone with a pulse (and a past-it out of shape one at that) he gets tagged with 60% of the power-shots thrown......Coincidence? I don't think so

Poet
    Is it coincidence that he almost stopped Lennox a couple of times, landed 50% more punches and won twice as many rounds?

Also, is it a coincidence that Vitali already has one less title defense than Lennox while never beaing knocked out by any fighter much less by a B and C level guy?

Say what you like but had prime Vitali been in the ring the night Holmes got beat by Tyson, his legend would have been short lived and you would have been talking about how overrated Vitali was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
      Is it coincidence that he almost stopped Lennox a couple of times, landed 50% more punches and won twice as many rounds?

Also, is it a coincidence that Vitali already has one less title defense than Lennox while never beaing knocked out by any fighter much less by a B and C level guy?

Say what you like but had prime Vitali been in the ring the night Holmes got beat by Tyson, his legend would have been short lived and you would have been talking about how overrated Vitali was.
      Holmes was coming off back to back losses to Spinks.

Comment

• @Invincible
        Bash Tyson all you want but don't go crazy here and start talking about Lewis when Lennox has pretty much won over most boxing fans by now. I though it is now universal knowledge that Vitali fought the worse, fattest,weakest, oldest faded version of Lennox Lewis? Also he was winning 4 rounds to 2. Last I check A Title fight was 12 rounds. At the end of the fight you can say how Lennox was tired as hell, but so was Vitali and he had a hole in his face. Lennox always looked tired though, like I mentioned earlier go watch his Bruno Briggs mercer fights, he looked like he was out of breath and had nothing left but won all 3. 2 of which by knockout. Lennox with his mouth open and flopping around in his corner don't mean ****.
        If that fight had gone on, Lennox would have finished Vitali off mainly because Vitali was going blind. Man I'm a huge Vitali fan and Im GLAD they stopped the fight, why will you want him to become Gerald Mcellelan?

Talking about title defenses Lennox fought a list of ****ing B- to A- fighters during their primes, Vitali fought a old faded Lennox. That's it. This is like saying atm 'Andrew Bynum (a B- rated nba player) is the 2nd best center in the NBA. Which is 100% true, but the Center position for the NBA means dog **** right now. At one time PATRICK EWING(a A rated nba player) was considered the FOURTH best center during his era. So 2nd >then 4th? It's all about the era you are in and the competition you face. Being the tallest midget still make you a midget man.

Comment

Almost is good for horseshoes and hand grenades. Lennox DID stop Vitali no almost about it. 1 real life stoppage >>>>> 2 almost fantasy stoppages.

Poet

Comment

• Tyson may of had trouble because of vitalis weight and size. But tysons athleticism, speed, two fisted attck would have been a nightmare for vitali. maybe vitali wins in the late rounds if he hit tyson enough with his jab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gold Mamba View Post
              Holmes was coming off back to back losses to Spinks.
              That's part of my point. It was the passing of the torch. Holmes as not at his best. No disrespect to anyone. He was a great champ as well as Tyson. I just happen to think Vitali would have beaten either one.

Comment

• Originally posted by polarcub View Post
                @Invincible
                Bash Tyson all you want but don't go crazy here and start talking about Lewis when Lennox has pretty much won over most boxing fans by now. I though it is now universal knowledge that Vitali fought the worse, fattest,weakest, oldest faded version of Lennox Lewis? Also he was winning 4 rounds to 2. Last I check A Title fight was 12 rounds. At the end of the fight you can say how Lennox was tired as hell, but so was Vitali and he had a hole in his face. Lennox always looked tired though, like I mentioned earlier go watch his Bruno Briggs mercer fights, he looked like he was out of breath and had nothing left but won all 3. 2 of which by knockout. Lennox with his mouth open and flopping around in his corner don't mean ****.
                If that fight had gone on, Lennox would have finished Vitali off mainly because Vitali was going blind. Man I'm a huge Vitali fan and Im GLAD they stopped the fight, why will you want him to become Gerald Mcellelan?

Talking about title defenses Lennox fought a list of ****ing B- to A- fighters during their primes, Vitali fought a old faded Lennox. That's it. This is like saying atm 'Andrew Bynum (a B- rated nba player) is the 2nd best center in the NBA. Which is 100% true, but the Center position for the NBA means dog **** right now. At one time PATRICK EWING(a A rated nba player) was considered the FOURTH best center during his era. So 2nd >then 4th? It's all about the era you are in and the competition you face. Being the tallest midget still make you a midget man.
                It's all BS myth that Lewis was out of shape, etc. He was 3 lbs heavier than his fight with Rahman and only 7 lbs more than the previous Tyson fight. For a 6'5" man, he could lose that much weight skipping a meal. Oh and age? He was 37, close to 38 and was still every bit as good as he ever was. Both Klitschko's careers will extend into their 40's easily and so could Lennox's.

It's just excuses for Vitali having gotten the better of an ATG. Just one more way to discredit them.

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  Almost is good for horseshoes and hand grenades. Lennox DID stop Vitali no almost about it. 1 real life stoppage >>>>> 2 almost fantasy stoppages.

Poet
                  I don't dispute the loss. The point is that winning on cuts is not a fight gameplan and luck had a little to do with it. He get's credit but full credit was lost when he didn't rematch Vitali when he had gotten the better of Lennox.

Comment

That's part of my point. It was the passing of the torch. Holmes as not at his best. No disrespect to anyone. He was a great champ as well as Tyson. I just happen to think Vitali would have beaten either one.
                    I think this is what i am saying as well....

Comment

• Originally posted by Gold Mamba View Post
                      Well the convo shifted so we started talking about Tysons temperament going into the Douglas fight, not a big deal at all champ.

The Tyson that beat Spinks? Well it was only less than a year and a half between the Tyson-Spinks and Tyson-Douglas fights. He only fought 6 rounds in 2 fights after the Spinks fight. Damn Tyson fell off in a 16-18 months? Whats different between the Tyson that fought Spinks and the Tyson that fought Douglas? Before the Douglas fight, Tyson KO'ed Carl Williams in 1 round.

Why all the excuses for a "Prime" Tyson getting Ko'ed by the biggest underdog ever?
                      Kevin Rooney.

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                      It's all BS myth that Lewis was out of shape, etc. He was 3 lbs heavier than his fight with Rahman and only 7 lbs more than the previous Tyson fight. For a 6'5" man, he could lose that much weight skipping a meal. Oh and age? He was 37, close to 38 and was still every bit as good as he ever was. Both Klitschko's careers will extend into their 40's easily and so could Lennox's.

It's just excuses for Vitali having gotten the better of an ATG. Just one more way to discredit them.
                      Explain to me then why your hero himself who fought him and was the closest to him that night, in his post fight interview, said:

Originally posted by Vitali Klitschko View Post
                      Lennox Lewis promised to knock me out in 5 rounds. Why didn't he? I know because he don't have condition for 5 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X