No announcement yet.

Belfort Injured, Wandy to replace him vs Cung Le

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dorian.. View Post
    Why is this loser(Wandy) still in the UFC? Seriously..
    you're serious?!? cung is overrated at all (as a mixed martial artist), i wouldn't be surprised if wandy takes this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
      Deal!

1)That ishahaha are you serious? No speed anymore? Why don't you try telling that to Rich franklin & Sexyama fool.

2) he didn't get dominated by Anderson, he was actually doing pretty good until that crazy ass kick.

3)Le has no power, Belfort would have put his ass to sleep. Wandy will too. le can't punch at all, and Wandy has only dropped to some of the biggest punchers in MMA history,

4) Franklin hits harder then Le, and Wandy has sick muay thai your drawlin' if you think le's gonna school him with kicks.
      LMAO, You have no f**kin' clue what you're talkin' 'bout. Le may very well lose this fight. But, the crap you're spewin' is complete ignorance, lmao

1) What does Sexyama and Franklin have to do w/ Cung ? Anyway, Cung is lightyears ahead of Sexyama and Franklin in the striking dept.

2) Motherf**ker, what fight were you watchin', Vitor wasn't doin' **** and then got KO'd by a f**kin' front kick, lmao. Cung's side kick is way harder than any Silva front kick.

3) Okay, Le's fist may not be **** compared to the fighters Wanderlei has fought, but, none of those guys are nowhere near Cung's kicking ability. Le ain't stupid, he knows what got him to this stage of the fight game. It's nothin' but side kicks and spinning back kicks to Silva's midsection and hips all night long.. Hell, it may not even take all night. Silva's sloppy striking might do him in with Cung's great kicking ability

4)Lol, at Wanderlei having sick Muay Thai kicks, lmao. Outside of a "kicker's chance'' Cung has fought/sparred guys w/ much better Muay Thai than Wanderlei.

The biggest question I'm really interested in finding out is how Cung will deal with Wanderlei's size and strength.

Comment

Spinning back heel KO anyone?

I bet Cung Le uses every kick possible in this match. Just like he did against Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
          LMAO, You have no f**kin' clue what you're talkin' 'bout. Le may very well lose this fight. But, the crap you're spewin' is complete ignorance, lmao

1) What does Sexyama and Franklin have to do w/ Cung ? Anyway, Cung is lightyears ahead of Sexyama and Franklin in the striking dept.

2) Motherf**ker, what fight were you watchin', Vitor wasn't doin' **** and then got KO'd by a f**kin' front kick, lmao. Cung's side kick is way harder than any Silva front kick.

3) Okay, Le's fist may not be **** compared to the fighters Wanderlei has fought, but, none of those guys are nowhere near Cung's kicking ability. Le ain't stupid, he knows what got him to this stage of the fight game. It's nothin' but side kicks and spinning back kicks to Silva's midsection and hips all night long.. Hell, it may not even take all night. Silva's sloppy striking might do him in with Cung's great kicking ability

4)Lol, at Wanderlei having sick Muay Thai kicks, lmao. Outside of a "kicker's chance'' Cung has fought/sparred guys w/ much better Muay Thai than Wanderlei.

The biggest question I'm really interested in finding out is how Cung will deal with Wanderlei's size and strength.
          You were saying Belfort doesn't have as much speed or power anymore jackass haha and dont even try to bust on Franklin people are so ******ed to forget if he didnt go up to 205 hed still be the 2nd best middleweight, only other person with an arguement was hendo. He went to 205 since he kill all silvas challengers. Until Belfort came along.

Who the hell has Le beat besides Frank Shamrock well past his prime. Prime Frank is an arguable top 25 MMA fighter EVER, he made Prime Tito tap and went to war with heavyweight champ bas rutten, but other then that who? scott smith? He hasn't beaten anybody near Wandys ability. Past Pime Shamrock vs Wandy would be a sick fight, but Frank wouldnt smash him at this point either. This fight is alot closer then you think, Wandy went to war with prime cro cop twice, and mark hunt who he arguably beat, both former K-1 kickboxers.

wANDY never been ko'd by somebody like Le. Just heavier strikers like Hendo, Leben, Rampage, Cro Cop, and Belfort. All who would make Cung Le their person biitch.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            why not make something like leben vs cung le atleast it would be competitive and leben is coming of a win hes not 2-6 in his fight throw in silva who is coming of a 27 second first round ko loss? silvas punch resistance has been gone since his fight with filipovic in pride 06 japan? its sad to see silva who was once feared and recognised as a man not to mess with he went from this

to this...

sad really...

Comment

You were saying Belfort doesn't have as much speed or power anymore jackass haha and dont even try to bust on Franklin people are so ******ed to forget if he didnt go up to 205 hed still be the 2nd best middleweight, only other person with an arguement was hendo. He went to 205 since he kill all silvas challengers. Until Belfort came along.

Who the hell has Le beat besides Frank Shamrock well past his prime. Prime Frank is an arguable top 25 MMA fighter EVER, he made Prime Tito tap and went to war with heavyweight champ bas rutten, but other then that who? scott smith?

Past Pime Shamrock vs Wandy would be a sick fight, but Frank wouldnt smash him at this point either. This fight is alot closer then you think, Wandy went to war with prime cro cop twice, and mark hunt who he arguably beat, both former K-1 kickboxers.

wANDY never been ko'd by somebody like Le.

Just heavier strikers like Hendo, Leben, Rampage, Cro Cop, and Belfort. All who would make Cung Le their person biitch.
              I could careless about you bringing up Franklin, Belfort and the rest of Wanderlei's past opposition. The fact remains, none of those guys have the kicking ability Cung brings to the table, not a single one of 'em comes close. Sure, guys like Hunt and Cro Cop are much more powerful kickers simply due to size, hell, maybe even Leben's roundhouse is harder than Cung's.

You bringing up Shamrock being way past prime when he fought Cung. Well, what do you think Cung is, some spring chicken ?

#1 Cung aint in his prime either, he's well past it. The f**ker is 40 years old and fighting in a division fighting naturally larger guys.

#2 Cung didn't bring nowhere near the cage experience Shamrock had when they fought.

- Cung's really just a part-time 40year old MMA fighter(a rookie in the cage when comparing the experience of others), but was able to school and physically breakdown one the most experienced MMA fighters out there in Shamrock

#3 The fact that Wanderlei has been KO'd by punches(albeit by some of the hardest strikers P4P MMA has seen) tells us that he's susceptible and has lots of defensive flaws. Well, Cung is bringing an all-around kicking game he ain't never seen, CroCop, Hunt, ain't got nothing on Cung when it comes to kickboxing, lmao.

#4 Cung's ground game, although untested in actual fights, but has alot of experience in it, rolled with some of the best and the best say he hangs with them.

Like I said before, Wandy's size and strength maybe the only factors needed to beat Cung. But, I see so many holes in Wandy's offense and defense when on his feet, and a world-class striker like Cung can definitely exploit.

Cung might not pack a punch like Hendo, but, he knows how to mix up his punches with his kicks, something Hendo, Belfort, etc.. can never do !
              Last edited by Monte Fisto; 09-24-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I could careless about you bringing up Franklin, Belfort and the rest of Wanderlei's past opposition. The fact remains, none of those guys have the kicking ability Cung brings to the table, not a single one of 'em comes close. Sure, guys like Hunt and Cro Cop are much more powerful kickers simply due to size, hell, maybe even Leben's roundhouse is harder than Cung's.

You bringing up Shamrock being way past prime when he fought Cung. Well, what do you think Cung is, some spring chicken ?

#1 Cung aint in his prime either, he's well past it. The f**ker is 40 years old and fighting in a division fighting naturally larger guys.

#2 Cung didn't bring nowhere near the cage experience Shamrock had when they fought.

- Cung's really just a part-time 40year old MMA fighter(a rookie in the cage when comparing the experience of others), but was able to school and physically breakdown one the most experienced MMA fighters out there in Shamrock

#3 The fact that Wanderlei has been KO'd by punches(albeit by some of the hardest strikers P4P MMA has seen) tells us that he's susceptible and has lots of defensive flaws. Well, Cung is bringing an all-around kicking game he ain't never seen, CroCop, Hunt, ain't got nothing on Cung when it comes to kickboxing, lmao.

#4 Cung's ground game, although untested in actual fights, but has alot of experience in it, rolled with some of the best and the best say he hangs with them.

Like I said before, Wandy's size and strength maybe the only factors needed to beat Cung. But, I see so many holes in Wandy's offense and defense when on his feet, and a world-class striker like Cung can definitely exploit.

Cung might not pack a punch like Hendo, but, he knows how to mix up his punches with his kicks, something Hendo, Belfort, etc.. can never do !
                Thats what Im saying though Cung Le don't hit like them so its not an easy pick as some people think because of Wandy's chin. The fight that gives me confidence in Wandy is the Bisping fight since Bisping even though I don't like him is a pretty decent well versatile fighter, and when Wandy rushed him he could have finished him in 30 seconds if he tried. Just not sold on Cung Le's chin, he could squeek away a close war which I'm expecting this fight to be like Franklin, but Wandy hits hard so you can never count him out because he comes to fight. It's really his last stand so I expect him to come out to take Le's head off!

Comment

Thats what Im saying though Cung Le don't hit like them so its not an easy pick as some people think because of Wandy's chin.

The fight that gives me confidence in Wandy is the Bisping fight since Bisping even though I don't like him is a pretty decent well versatile fighter, and when Wandy rushed him he could have finished him in 30 seconds if he tried. Just not sold on Cung Le's chin, he could squeek away a close war which I'm expecting this fight to be like Franklin, but Wandy hits hard so you can never count him out because he comes to fight. It's really his last stand so I expect him to come out to take Le's head off!
                  Cung Le doesn't have the overhand of Hendo.
                  Cung Le does not have the left hook of Rampage.

Hendo and Rampage can barely pull off a roundhouse kick! Cung Le brings more than a roundhouse kick. Le's money kick is his side kick, add in the spinning back kick, spinning heel hook kick, etc..

Those weapons alone are enough to confuse Wanderlei, add in the punches and movement Le will bring. It's gonna be interesting.

That's the thing though, you keep bringing up the punching prowess of Rampage and Hendo and how they KTFO Silva. At the same time, the fact that one-dimensional powerful punchers was enough to beat Silva, and Le brings more than just one weapon, eventhough Silva is gonna be significantly stronger, and bigger is what's making me think Le has a decent shot at beating Wanderlei(for as long as the fight remains on the feet, lol)

I think Wanderlei should fight backing up moreso than usual, make the smaller Le come to him. Le's great at countering the opponent especially when they're attacking him.

If the fight goes to the ground or Wanderlei pins him on the cage, then it's gonna be big problems for Le.
                  Last edited by Monte Fisto; 09-24-2011, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Lmao funny thread....

Comment

Lmao funny thread....
                      Come on Nate, they were only saying what everyone felt would probably happen. Cung was picking him apart in the first round. Either one of them could have easily been KOd in this fight. As a huge Wanderlei Silva fan I think he should retire or only continue to fight chinny kickboxers haha

Cung Le doesn't have the overhand of Hendo.
                      Cung Le does not have the left hook of Rampage.

Hendo and Rampage can barely pull off a roundhouse kick! Cung Le brings more than a roundhouse kick. Le's money kick is his side kick, add in the spinning back kick, spinning heel hook kick, etc..

Those weapons alone are enough to confuse Wanderlei, add in the punches and movement Le will bring. It's gonna be interesting.

That's the thing though, you keep bringing up the punching prowess of Rampage and Hendo and how they KTFO Silva. At the same time, the fact that one-dimensional powerful punchers was enough to beat Silva, and Le brings more than just one weapon, eventhough Silva is gonna be significantly stronger, and bigger is what's making me think Le has a decent shot at beating Wanderlei(for as long as the fight remains on the feet, lol)

I think Wanderlei should fight backing up moreso than usual, make the smaller Le come to him. Le's great at countering the opponent especially when they're attacking him.

If the fight goes to the ground or Wanderlei pins him on the cage, then it's gonna be big problems for Le.
                      Nice call on Wanderlei fighting outside. I thought he had a better chance to spark Le out while bull rushing him but Silva's camp must have planned to attack the cardio of Cung Le

Comment

Working...
                      X