No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 60 and 14: Klitschko Continues To Extend His Reign

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 60 and 14: Klitschko Continues To Extend His Reign

37-year old World Heavyweight Champion Wladimir Klitschko (60-3, 52 KO) of Kiev, Ukraine, picked up his 60th win while making his 14th consecutive defense of the IBF Heavyweight belt and seventh consecutive defense of the lineal Heavyweight crown on Saturday night at the SAP-Arena in Manheim, Germany, dropping 28-year old Italian challenger Francisco Pianeta (28-1-1, 15 KO) of Gelsenkirchen, Germany, three times en route to a stoppage in round six. Klitschko also retains the WBO and WBA “Super” Heavyweight belts.

[Click Here To Read More]

Zzzzzzz

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    37-year old World Heavyweight Champion Wladimir Klitschko (60-3, 52 KO) of Kiev, Ukraine, picked up his 60th win while making his 14th consecutive defense of the IBF Heavyweight belt and seventh consecutive defense of the lineal Heavyweight crown on Saturday night at the SAP-Arena in Manheim, Germany, dropping 28-year old Italian challenger Francisco Pianeta (28-1-1, 15 KO) of Gelsenkirchen, Germany, three times en route to a stoppage in round six. Klitschko also retains the WBO and WBA “Super” Heavyweight belts.

[Click Here To Read More]
    60-3.... and still no one cares. Yawn. Most boring HW title holder ever. People in the 80's complained about Larry Holmes being boring. W. Klitschko takes the prize for boring. If it was a contest, no one else entered. He already won

Comment

Originally posted by mrosborne View Post
      60-3.... and still no one cares. Yawn. Most boring HW title holder ever. People in the 80's complained about Larry Holmes being boring. W. Klitschko takes the prize for boring. If it was a contest, no one else entered. He already won
      Not really, at least I care. im sure some1 else cares..so you are wrong. it's not his fault most men are LAzy as **** these days. ******ed **** like you, only hate. they cant appreciate sport - but hate.
      Last edited by Ogecca MaMa; 05-05-2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
        Not really, at least I care. im sure some1 else cares..so you are wrong. it's not his fault most men are LAzy as **** these days
        W. Klitschko simply is not exciting. There is nothing exciting about watching a jabfest against someone then finishing an out of shape tired Heavyweight who then drops the guard and gets blasted by a series of right hands. No fun to watch. The competition is to blame to a degree, but you know what, some boxers come to get it, some jab people to death and finish the wounded when they aren't doing anything to win.

Other great HW fighters know the difference. Win the crowd, Maximus. You know what I mean? Win the crowd. Go get the KO.

Comment

Not really, at least I care. im sure some1 else cares..so you are wrong. it's not his fault most men are LAzy as **** these days. ******ed **** like you, only hate. they cant appreciate sport - but hate.
          Also, to be fair, his brother Vitali is 10x more exciting than W. Klitschko is. If anything Vitali comes to get it. He fights with a purpose, and can take damage/is willing to take damage. Wladimir? Not really. I understand you are from the Ukraine so I understand your willingness to praise the hometown hero/ I simply cannot appreciate the safety first approach by such a HUGE man. It seems contradictory and frankly, pretty weak to be that huge and not fight like you can **** someone up.

Comment

W. Klitschko simply is not exciting. There is nothing exciting about watching a jabfest against someone then finishing an out of shape tired Heavyweight who then drops the guard and gets blasted by a series of right hands. No fun to watch. The competition is to blame to a degree, but you know what, some boxers come to get it, some jab people to death and finish the wounded when they aren't doing anything to win.

Other great HW fighters know the difference. Win the crowd, Maximus. You know what I mean? Win the crowd. Go get the KO.
            I never said he is exciting.

Think about it this way. HE prepares for each fight as hard as possible, this fight he weight in more than ever, 113kgs. Also if you'd know he makes close to 140k euroes between rounds on commercials. At the same time, why KO some1 that he can in the 1st round, when 60k people came to see this fight. I mean I would be glad to see him koing every1 left and right, but isnt that what he used to do?

Dont look that Im from Ukraine as well, I lean towards Vitali's style, rather than Wlad's. but you can't just hate for no reason..fighting bad? bring the good fighter then. let him knock out Wlad. I dont care.. the reality is what we seen yesterday. And its laughable how 99% of BS says most men go to different sport because of more money. Bull ****. Why then aint you play football(soccer) top payed sport.. excuses excuses and again excuses. Im sorry but these 2 boring guys will keep dominating, until some heavyweight, that trains and prepares himself good, won't be scared to brawl with Wlad we won't see a good fight. but instead of all this - you prefer to find excuses and talk **** about fighters.

same thing with Floyd. and dozens others. you guys aint no fans - straight fools, thats who you are

Comment

I never said he is exciting.

Think about it this way. HE prepares for each fight as hard as possible, this fight he weight in more than ever, 113kgs. Also if you'd know he makes close to 140k euroes between rounds on commercials. At the same time, why KO some1 that he can in the 1st round, when 60k people came to see this fight. I mean I would be glad to see him koing every1 left and right, but isnt that what he used to do?

Dont look that Im from Ukraine as well, I lean towards Vitali's style, rather than Wlad's. but you can't just hate for no reason..fighting bad? bring the good fighter then. let him knock out Wlad. I dont care.. the reality is what we seen yesterday. And its laughable how 99% of BS says most men go to different sport because of more money. Bull ****. Why then aint you play football(soccer) top payed sport.. excuses excuses and again excuses. Im sorry but these 2 boring guys will keep dominating, until some heavyweight, that trains and prepares himself good, won't be scared to brawl with Wlad we won't see a good fight. but instead of all this - you prefer to find excuses and talk **** about fighters.

same thing with Floyd. and dozens others. you guys aint no fans - straight fools, thats who you are
              Wladimir is a good champion, nothing personal against him. As a boxing fan, he does have skill and he is a good overall person outside the ring.

That said, Wladimir will be appreciated by historians in time. He has won convincingly and represented boxing as a good ambassador of class and dignity. He will be viewed as a solid champion in a boring and not competitive era in the HW class. He can't do anything to change this. Is that his fault? Sort of. He fought to the level of his competition. The problem is that Wlad never went balls out and fought toe to toe against ANYONE since his last KO loss. This cannot be denied. He knows he is fragile and fights like it. That's all my point was.

By the way, the first HW to rush him like a mad dog and swing for the fences will erase Wlad from the map. It won't be the first time someone implemented this gameplan either.

Comment

Wladimir is a good champion, nothing personal against him. As a boxing fan, he does have skill and he is a good overall person outside the ring.

That said, Wladimir will be appreciated by historians in time. He has won convincingly and represented boxing as a good ambassador of class and dignity. He will be viewed as a solid champion in a boring and not competitive era in the HW class. He can't do anything to change this. Is that his fault? Sort of. He fought to the level of his competition. The problem is that Wlad never went balls out and fought toe to toe against ANYONE since his last KO loss. This cannot be denied. He knows he is fragile and fights like it. That's all my point was.

By the way, the first HW to rush him like a mad dog and swing for the fences will erase Wlad from the map. It won't be the first time someone implemented this gameplan either.
                This is what I hope for. Every time decent boxer goes all in against Wlad, it ruins Wlad's plan, and that's when skills come to fight. either he has to throw diferent combos or fight as he used to. I like when some1 challenges him. ANd Honestly I don't care if he loses. I want some1 to step up ang give him a good fight. But I don't like when ppl bash him or any other champion that deserves nothing but simple respect. But so far most weak boxers can be defeated with simple 1-2 hold. even Haye, nothing special was in that fight. All Haye had to do is fight him crazy, get him out of his game plan, then it's 50-50. Hopefully Povetkin will show something agaisnt him
                Last edited by Ogecca MaMa; 05-05-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

This is what I hope for. Every time decent boxer goes all in against Wlad, it ruins Wlad's plan, and that's when skills come to fight. either he has to throw diferent combos or fight as he used to. I like when some1 challenges him. ANd Honestly I don't care if he loses. I want some1 to step up ang give him a good fight. But I don't like when ppl bash him or any other champion that deserves nothing but simple respect. Hopefully Povetkin will show something agaisnt him
                  Fair enough, Wlad deserves respect for being a dominant champion. No argue from me on that. He DID dominate and continues to do so.

Povetkin? I don't know. Teddy Atlas said he wasn't ready a few years ago, and I still don't think Povetkin is the man to stop Wlad. Povetkin is good for about 6 rounds then falls apart and gets sloppy quickly. His only chance to catch Wladimir early, and I can't think of one example that Povetkin bullrushed anyone in the HW class and Tyson-ed them out of the fight quickly.

As much as Tyson Fury sucks, if anyone has a chance right now at beating Wlad, it's him. He simply does not give a ****. He would go in for the KO with zero respect or get KO'ed himself. If Fury vs Wlad happens im betting on Fury for this reason. Vitali would stomp Fury like a bug though.

Comment

This is of course false. If it was that easy, it would've happened already.

You addressed this already, though with bad connotations, when you said that he "never went balls out". This of course means that he has perfected his tall man style of fighting, and tightened his defense, which is a good thing.

You're wrong when you said that, "
                    He fought to the level of his competition.
                    ". It's actually the opposite. The fact that he is not giving them even the slight chance of winning, while still producing easy victories for himself means that he is actually fighting above their level.

Some say he should throw body punches. Why? Why fix something that isn't broken. Smaller fighters need to throw body punches to break their bigger target down, not him.

Comment

Working...
                    X